Unofficial Mills

One year on

onlyME

16 hours ago, NathanS said:

Greg is by far the best DJ on the station now. Fingers crossed he stays for a while longer yet. 

-RMC feel very wasted in their slot. They would've suited the 1pm slot as well. It just feels very crowded having 3 people on mid mornings. I can't help but feel they won't move beyond their current slot, although Charlie might have an extended future with Dance Anthems.

-Sam & Danni are probably the best of the new intake, and have been long overdue a permanent slot. I'm sure they'll make the new weekend breakfast show their own, hopefully they progress to weekdays in the next couple of years. 

Going to disagree on the best presenter on the station he was a lot better many years ago peaked on drive. Katie Thistleton & Jack Saunders are now up in the stations best presenters.

5 minutes ago, BBCAaron said:

I think RMC’s times got to be up at the station. I think Vick would be good choice for the mid-morning she could easily take something song feature there and could do some more music centric features. 

And Vick has proved she can be fun on her own so it would maybe be a little bit more entertaining than some of the mid-morning shows pre RMC.  But I really like @Ash101's schedule.  The only change I'd make is having Jordan and Katie on until 1100, Vick on 1100 to 1430 and Sam and Danni on 1430 to 1800.  Have all the slots equal lengths.  Sam and Danni could do the show from Cardiff to keep the "outside London" quota up.

I think it'll be a good couple of years before sam and danni move into a weekday slot, especially as they haven't begun on weekends yet and if any lesson is learnt, its rushing "new" presenters into a weekday slot is a bad idea. I think there's more to change before that, such as RMC coming to a natural end and potentially Matt too. There's also the chance someone may consider Dean and vicky just aren't good enough for afternoons, a buffer between Mills and someone actually good if you like. All that could end up happening at the same time

1 hour ago, TheSaviourisHere said:

Greg was on fine form.this morning and think we still have at least another year from him yet. RMC i can see leaving soon it aint working and R&M are getting on a bit maybe move them to weekends and keep Charlie solo. As for D&V i agree with previous comment they were rushed into the slot and its not natural.

I think RMC are doing really well in the mid-morning slot now. Originally it was just a boring and bland show with nothing much in it. But now that they're putting way more personality into their links and doing all sorts of random bits and bobs, even when one or more of the trio is missing, it makes up for the commercial radio background noise format of the show.

On 9/6/2023 at 3:21 PM, AndyK77 said:

I think part of the problem is simply that it is a slightly artificial duo.  If we look at the others

RMC - Rickie and Melvin were friends at Uni and have worked with Charlie for so long that their chemistry is very natural. (Even if more could be done with the show).

Vick and Jordan - Vick is an experienced co-host and Jordan seems able to work with anybody with ease. 

Sam and Danni - friends who started doing radio together at Uni.

Matt & Mollie - Like Jordan, Matt seems to have a natural way of working with anyone and Mollie came from a background of sharing the stage with others in a band.

Vick and Katie - Katie is just the female version of Jordan in many ways. So no wonder Vick and Katie work as a duo and Jordan and Katie are literally on fire when together.

I agree! And also with many other comments here. There’s absolutely no chemistry between these two and they give me the vibe they don’t even like each other! Surprised they’ve not been removed tbh. I used to really like Dean when he did solo weekend shows but switch off now. Her voice grates on me. Emil & James would make a much better pairing in my opinion and would have been a been a better replacement for Scott & Chris (who I loved!) as I think they both have a similar sense of humour.