Unofficial Mills

JK & Joel

Ad

What do you think of Radio 1's Joel & JK? Hardly the new Lard and Mark, but they seem to be really good at the moment. Currently on R1 Take Away as Dom and Dick called it this morning! Do you think they'll be on Radio 1 for a long time?

507033771.183.1247039672.png

Actually, im slowly being turned into a fan. Radio 1 seems to be fully backing them, and i think they work rather well. And hearing Joel the other day on his own (or was it JK?) it shows they dont need each other to work. Unlike Colin and Edith, i feel Colin does great with his own show, but Edith needs someone else there.

With Radio 1's full support, i dont see them going anywhere fast. I cant say i ever used to be a fan, but when theyve been doing Scott's show recently ive been giving them a listen, and im being turned.

Meh... I've never really liked them that much and probably never will do either. Don't really care what they do on Radio 1 as long as they don't take over either Moyles' or Mills' slots permanently (g'mornin).

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

i like them, they should of done the 1-3 (later changed to 1-4) slot in 2004.

but colin & edith started on radio 1 i think in 2003, and jk & joel came along just a little too late not long after mark & lard left, they probably passed each other on the door or somthing. i would like to hear them on the 1-4 slot, i have always said it. i remember i think in late 2005 when the bbc had strikes and they had to cover for c&e, and i realised how much they would of suited that time. if only they had of came a year earlier.

on the grid.

I love em!

I don't think there's any secret there ;)

I have listened to them ever since they started on early breakfast and I regret missing their weekend shows.

I have seen them live and they are so full of energy that it was one of the best nights out I had ever had.

I love the banter they have with Moyles in the mornings although there isn't a handover anymore and I really miss that, the Joel gold stuff were the funniest links that Moyles did all last year

Still not a fan. I do try hard, but nah its not there. I feel everything is really scripted.

As stupid as this sounds, I warm to a presenter who I think, if they make a bobobobo up of a jingle or a music bed, will go 'opps i boboboboed that up, better do it again' rather than ignore it and hope nobody noticed.

Do you get what I mean?

Hence why my favourite djs are people like Moyles, Mills and Coxy. I dont get the impression JK or Joel would do that.

Please tell me this makes sense.

Does it matter which is which? - they're a pair and I'd have them both to dinner - specially if I thought I'd get invited back and Scott might be there doing his laptop stomping and general mayhem.

I do realise they probably don't live in the same house or sleep in the same bed, and that Hear'say rarely visit if at all, however it's nice to imagine a sort of 2D TV version of their existence. :D

UM is a nice place

Does it matter which is which? - they're a pair and I'd have them both to dinner - specially if I thought I'd get invited back and Scott might be there doing his laptop stomping and general mayhem.

I do realise they probably don't live in the same house or sleep in the same bed, and that Hear'say rarely visit if at all, however it's nice to imagine a sort of 2D TV version of their existence. :D

That made me laugh far too much. :lol: