Unofficial Mills

Will Innuendo Bingo return to Radio 2?

On 6/9/2023 at 10:34 AM, UnofficialStark said:

Zoe and Vernon were talking about wanting Scott to bring back Innuendo Bingo. I really think it would be a missed opportunity if he didn't at some point

I've heard several mentions of 'Innuendo Bingo' this week, from Vernon and Zoe the other morning, now Gary Davies tonight. I wonder if they're alluding to a return to it in some capacity? I doubt it would ever return in it's Radio 1 form with the water spitting.

17 hours ago, NathanS said:

I've heard several mentions of 'Innuendo Bingo' this week, from Vernon and Zoe the other morning, now Gary Davies tonight. I wonder if they're alluding to a return to it in some capacity? I doubt it would ever return in it's Radio 1 form with the water spitting.

It might be like the first itteration of Innuendo Bingo - Jo Whiley and the team laughing at the funny clips. I mean if it did return it could be its own podcast like Popmaster was.

Here's Zoe and Vernon talking about Innuendo Bingo: https://www.instagram.com/ree...6gT/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA== 

4 minutes ago, DC said:

It depends how many of the 1950s style old guard are still hanging on. It would be something else to moan about if there's enough of them.

Yeah, I feel Scott's show is still evolving until the haters quieten down.

Wouldn't shock me if it made a return - but probably in a slightly different form to its Radio 1 days.

No doubt though some of the usual Radio 2 moaners (the sort who haven't accepted that the schedule no longer has the likes of Johnny Walker and the late Terry Wogan front and centre) will be up in arms about how juvenile and pathetic it all is and how they'll move to GHR or Boom Radio.

Radio 2 is changing so why not try it? We've been hearing less 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's recently on the old 2. Apart from standout massive tunes (Beatles, Sinatra, Queen, Blondie etc). The changes were brave but seem to have worked, so give bingo a go imo. I'd actually like celebrity call bought back for a one off too! 

on the grid.