Unofficial Mills

What's your most embarrassing moment?

Bexy

How did you manage to get ID'd for water?!

I was waiting at the bar for a while then the barman turned to serve me and I said, "Can I have a glass of water please?" and he said "Can I see some ID please?"

I suppose it's a step up from last time. Last time we took a step towards the drinks list next to the bar and got ID'd, we didn't even get to ask for a drink. It's an over-18 venue, but we got ID'd on the way in too.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

poor you.

i got out the shower once and had no clothes to wear so i went down stairs to get some clothes. so there i am in just a towel and the owner of my house was just sat there talking to my mum and i was just like omg! i was so embarrasing!

Charli's in love with the new Panic At The Disco album

I was at a comedy night at a working mens club. Got there early to bag a good table but after a couple of drinks needed the gents. Unbeknown to me the door to the foyer (where the loos were) was also the door the comededian was making his entrance. With what can only be described as "comic timing" I entered back in the room to a spotlight shining on me and rapturous applause. When I blindedly made my way back to the table I was sitting at the room was in hysterics - they thought it was part of the act!

The silver lining was when the real comedian did show (a few minutes later) he wasn't really any good and I was bought drinks all evening as "the best laugh of the night".

The silver lining was when the real comedian did show (a few minutes later) he wasn't really any good and I was bought drinks all evening as "the best laugh of the night".

Pahaha, that's brilliant.

I went out on thursday and needed the toliet so i went and the male and the female toilets were right next to eachother so i was walking to go in and i got called by someone behind me so i turned around but carried on walking and walked right into the male toilets. I was like bright red when i relised.

Charli's in love with the new Panic At The Disco album

I went out on thursday and needed the toliet so i went and the male and the female toilets were right next to eachother so i was walking to go in and i got called by someone behind me so i turned around but carried on walking and walked right into the male toilets. I was like bright red when i relised.

Ive done that before, in White rose shopping centre in Leeds, so embarrasing! And when I came out, there were people laughing at me..

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Haha, that reminds me of the time when I went shopping and went into the male's fitting rooms by accident. I went to walk out to see what my Mumt hought and realised it was the men's so I just stood in my little cubicle thing, laughing to myself until nobody was around again. haha

hehe i was born in a hospital too! hehe

I was born at home, in my parents' bedroom. My sister had her youngest at home, too. You just have to be very stubborn and very persistent and ignore all the veiled threats the medical people make.

This reminds me, it was fairly embarrassing being stitched in front of 5 students after giving birth...

UM is a nice place

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Would love for it to be like the Summer Friday Thing that me and @DC were remisincing about recently. Lots of events going on that could easily form part of it.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/summer/cardiff/thursday/1.shtml
    • I'm guessing there is also a stack of weekend events like Glastonbury
    • I think more likely it'll just be a temp presenter for weekends 1-4 to give Matt & Mollie time off, plus time to plan and pilot the new show.
    • Yeah I don’t think they’ll be anything that drastic - maybe a week or 2 of cover on early breakfast etc, but maybe just having that weekend afternoon slot covered over the summer means they can put someone on from September who maybe isn’t available until then? 
    • But they said the main changes would happen in July.
    • But they said the main changes would happen in July.
    • I wouldn't be surprised if they do this around June time: 05.00 Ore Olukoga 07.00 Greg James 10.30 RMC 14.00 VKJ  That'll probably happen (for my guess) from the 17th June. And for weekends: 07:00 Sam & Danni 11:00 Gregor Davidson 15:00 Charlie Hedges Maybe Fridays aswell: 07:00 Greg James 11:00 Gregor Davidson 14:30 Jack Saunders
    • The Summer on Radio 1 thing makes me wonder whether they might be doing something similar to last year again where they have a temporary schedule over the summer before introducing changes in September - maybe the new host won’t start until after the summer?
    • There was talk on my Big Weekend group from the council about them waiting for Ticketmaster to send an email out. They said they've been waiting a week. Maybe they're waiting for train strike confirmation first. 
    • It’s on Saturday and Friday that week too. I guess this would make sense, as it gives them roughly 6 weeks off weekends until they start the new show?
    • Yeah he's on more than usual including this Sunday and then 3 more shows in May according to the above. Makes me think it's James for the weekend shows also
    • For some reason there is 'Summer on Radio 1' listed on Sunday 2nd June, could this be replacing M&M until July?
    • They seem to be using James more for cover now makes me think it will be him getting weekends eitjer breakfast or 1 till 4 
    • Yep am very much Capital Breakfast now. Jordan, Chris and Sian are a great trio and it's got that feel of the old shows Jordan and Chris used to do on Radio 1. It doesn't take itself too seriously but is packed full of content and slick. With Greg he's great but 6 years in you've probably heard it all before plus frankly I can sit through the Capital Playlist a lot more easily than the Radio 1 playlist (where some of the inclusions and omissions can be quite baffling at times). Plus after things like the Oscars or Met Gala or if there's a particularly big TV show or film or popstar then Greg won't half wang on about it at times. I guess it's partly to be expected with it being a Breakfast show on a young station but it can feel very London bubble and get tired.
    • Ore Olukoga is in for Arielle on Tuesday 14th May. James Cusack is in for Danny Beard on Saturday 1st June. James Cusack is in for Nat on Sunday 2nd June.