Unofficial Mills

Swearing on Daytime TV

Mike

Ok, so no more than 10 minutes ago i'm lying on the sofa watching Loose Women, and one of the Hanson (Mmm Bop) lads were on. He was talking about the murders in Virginia and he said in response to the media footage: "I'm More Pi55ed off with the way the media are glorifying it"

Now the other day i was watching Loose women and Ben Elton was on, and he said something about being pi55ed on the streets of Latvia...

Also i was watching Midsommer Murders on wednesday and a bloke got off a boat after trying to kill his nephew, and said: "I couldn't kill him, i mean yeah he's a little Sh1t but he's Family"

Why are more people swearing on Daytime TV? and what's more, there were no apologies for any of it!

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

What kids realistically are going to want to watch Midsomer Murders and Loose Women, especially when ill. If they're skiving I'm sure they can find something better to do like wandering around town.

When I was ill as a kid I ended up watching things like that. Especially before we got Freeview. But if they're young enough to need adult supervision while ill, the adults will make sure they don't watch anything too offensive. Anyway, you can walk along the street and hear those kind of words, it's not that important.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

The thing is, how many children today DON'T swear? I've been swearing for as long as I remember, and just the other day I heard my younger brother swearing because he'd dropped something on his foot. He's never done it in front of us and he doesn't know I heard him, but it just shows how much they can pick up. Even if it's not on the TV, they'll hear from other places anyway.

Even if it's not on the TV, they'll hear from other places anyway.

That's so true. Sometimes people swear without even realising it too, I do it sometimes. :confused: Kids pick things up so quickly aswell.

There's certain things that I watch every week, like ER and The Apprentice, but I do tend to watch more TV when I'm at home, mainly because our sofa is so comfy sometimes I just can't be bothered to move!

Language like that doesnt bother me. Most kids do swear, and if theyre not hearing it from a sibling, theyre hearing it in the playground.

Its weird here, because words like Arse and Bugger are considered proper swear words and arent said on radio, yet in england theyre really relaxed about words like that.

Meh i dont mind, the more open the better imo.Obviously theres limits, but these snobbish people who moan about words like "sexy" on the tv reeaaallly annoy the hell out of me.

I'm never offended by swearing, except where someone is swearing at someone else or me directly. I don't mind someone dropping a hammer on their foot and yelling "f***ing hell" or something, but I don't really enjoy watching people yelling at small children "shut the f*** up you little c***" because, even though they're only words, the meaning and tone isn't pleasant.

I think sometimes there's no substitute for "I was p*ssed off" in the English language.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'