Unofficial Mills

Vernon Kay gets Mid Mornings on Radio 2

TheSaviourisHere

• 3 weeks later...

On 5/15/2023 at 6:43 PM, DC said:

Expecting Vernon to have a few weeks of hate chucked at him and then it will settle. I don't see Ken Bruce going too long at GH, the hype has now died and the endless adverts will turn people away.

Apart from the easy money (and, who knows, that might be the primary motive), KB has f***ed this up big time, the way he's gone about things ... Vernon's show has way more going for it, already ...

3 hours ago, Old Codger Fan said:

Can we all just take a moment to acknowledge what a superb job Vernon Kay has made of the 'new' slot - Far exceeded my expectations. Also very wisely 'feature'-heavy - I don't think there's any other light-entertainment show elsewhere on the radio which can hold a candle to this ...

Anecdotally I've seen some Ken Bruce listeners returning, saying he's a safe pair of hands and doesn't have the adverts like GHR (unless you pay). Given no mass exodus when Steve Wright left, and some green shoots under Vernon Kay, hopefully R2 can stabIlise things.

The station also sounds great with the new jingles.