Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Big Weekend to return to Dundee in 2023

radio1fan

On 5/27/2023 at 7:40 PM, R1Fan1 said:

They’ll play the future sounds stage tomorrow at 11.45am

Hopefully no delays at the gates then ?

1975 seemed to storm off with attitude. Also called for Scottish Independence ?

I'm not really as into Big Weekend this year as previous years, but it is great radio when they all get together on the air. I think I've heard practically all the DJs on the air between last night and today.

The only notable absence from what I can tell is Adele Roberts.

She did a brill DJ set last year.

Thirty seconds to Mars finally made it - think the promise of being live today may have backfired. A bit sweary ?

I still would love to see more of the presenters on the socials. They seem to be having so much fun.

On 5/28/2023 at 12:58 PM, Jono said:

Wet Leg really packed out the Future Sounds tent last year. Not surprised they're on the main stage this year. 

I find it funny Rudimental are still flavour of the month at Radio 1

Tbf, their latest song is quite high in the charts, and D&B seems to be a sound that is returning to the mainstream lately.

Feel like they need to do another Access All Areas style week. The banter has been so good.

Ashnikko covering Sk8er Boi makes me feel old! Good to see Raye drawing a big crowd up against Niall Horan.

I think this is the first year the 'other stage' has been outside and not in a tent. Usually a good spot to go if it's raining, so a bit of a gamble with this weekend's weather!

17 hours ago, DC said:

Has there been some shape or form of large weekend or something recently? Just thought I'd ask around.

Radio 1 Roadshow in Great Yarmouth, I think!!!1

Poor Lewis Capaldi, coughing quite a lot during the last few songs. Guessing that's a tourettes thing? Although he was seriously ill earlier this year.

If I had feedback for the organisers I'd keep the ticket resale open later next year. So many scammers because it closed a week before the event as people sold them on through Facebook, Gumtree, etc. 

On 5/28/2023 at 7:17 PM, Jono said:

Feel like they need to do another Access All Areas style week. The banter has been so good.

Ashnikko covering Sk8er Boi makes me feel old! Good to see Raye drawing a big crowd up against Niall Horan.

I think this is the first year the 'other stage' has been outside and not in a tent. Usually a good spot to go if it's raining, so a bit of a gamble with this weekend's weather!

I find its interesting venue change to go from tent to stage. I assume that tent might’ve helped enclosed the sound from other areas. But seems to put support to the ‘Future Sound’ stage which interesting since the changes of when the ‘Future Sounds’ brand of programmes were introduced think theres been more synergy and blended playlist of the stuff you hear on night time to the daytime playlist. Given the fact that Raye has written many of pop songs and has been building up a strong R&B/Dance back catalogue now number 1 artist rightly has earned a good turnout.