Unofficial Mills

Never Mind The Buzzcocks

Monitorabbit

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He just didn't seem like he was in the mood for a ribbing! Bless him, it is just the wrong show to go on if you don't like having people make fun of you!

Personally I wouldn't last 5 minutes on there! I'd be away in tears! lol

Did anyone see the Britney one they were talking about? They said she had walked off too? I never saw that :(

glitzy.jpg

I watched the repeat tonight, I think it was the funniest thing I've seen in ages! :D

I think Preston was acting like a complete idiot walking off, when barely anything was said to him. I do remember an interview with him before where he said that he didn't like people insulting Chantelle, but like other people have said, you can't go on the show and not expect them to take the pi$s!

I don't think anything of what was said was meant in a nasty way, and Preston should've taken it like that. But obviously he didn't...

When a guest didn't turn up they had a lilteral tub of lard sit in for him,sorry for causing confusion.

"When Roy Hattersley failed to appear for the 4 June 1993 episode — it was the third time he had cancelled at the last minute — he was replaced with a tub of lard (credited as "The Rt. Hon. Tub of Lard MP"), as it was "possessed of much the same qualities and liable to give a similar performance". The Tub of Lard was on Merton's team and, though Hislop suggested things were too formal and suggested he call the 'guest' "Tubby", Merton insisted: "Mr Lard to you." He and the lard went on to win. This was despite the fact that Merton's team's questions were made deliberately hard — especially those directly posed to his 'guest'. " (from wikipedia)

UM is a nice place

• 2 months later...