Unofficial Mills

What's been your highlight of this week's shows?

Jono

What's been your highlight of the last week of shows from Scott Mills - it's been really tricky to choose one! I think having Chappers and Beccy back brought back a lot of old school Radio 1 memories though, including Tap End, especially with the montages!

Last Innuendo Bingo, and last tap end, plus the nostalgia of Chappers and Beccy coming back. It was just a perfect final week and a perfect send off. Still gutted it's all over but onwards and upwards over to Radio 2 (I'll give Chris a listen when he starts on Capital to see how he fits in to the current breakfast dynamic).

As others have said, I think this has been the perfect last week of shows.

Greg hosting the final Innuendo Bingo was spot on.  Having Chappers and Beccy back was such a nice touch. The montages were fantastic. The tone has been spot on. Joe from the musical was fantastic.

For the best one, for me it’s tied between Scott’s final link - the sincerity and emotion, peppered with humour was on another level. And, Chris’ final Tap End, I thought it was totally fitting and really on brand for Chris - funny, edgy, and honest. 

It will all take something huge to better it. From the time they announced they were leaving, we had them take over breakfast, then some time in Newquay, then the wrapping up of their features, followed by a week of nostalgia and emotion. What a way to leave on a high.

Having Beccy back made me so happy... so glad she was back for the last Tap End as well. It was so nostalgic and felt so right. Like she'd never been gone. I always hoped she'd come back for another one... I really missed her when she left! When Chris mentioned he noticed his son was at the tap end and Beccy laughed and said, "it's hereditary!" I laughed and then cried lol. What a really beautiful final show. I was sobbing the whole way through.