British Breakthrough Act  

29 members have voted

1. 1. British Breakthrough Act

• [s]Colin[/s] Corinne Bailey Rae
    • The Fratellis
    • James Morrison
    • The Kooks
    • Lily Allen

Who do you think deserves the British breakthrough act award? This will be eventually voted for by the Radio 1 listeners.

For me, it's between The Fratellis and The Kooks. And after seeing The Kooks live, I didn't really rate them and found them a bit overrated. The Fratellis are amazing to see live, you can get everyone singing Chelsea Dagger by whistling the introduction, and have an amazing album.

It has to be the fratellis, seen them twice so far and they were great, 3rd time comin up soon!!! Chelsea dagger is just one of those songs where the band only have to play the intro and the crowd go mental!!

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

What has just come on the tele???

I saw them when they headlined the NME 'Rock and Roll Riot Tour' at the Astoria in October, and then again when they had their own tour in Novemebr at the Astoria again....Going to see them on their next tour, think its March, its in London somewhere, not quite sure where tho :P Cant wait!!!

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

It depends how cynical you want to be. I imagine Radio 1 will be pressing for someone they "made". And they didn't really make The Fratellis, but some would argue they've backed Lilly Allen from the start. So I would imagine she's the obvious choice to win. I hope it's The Fratellis though.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it a little annoying as Lily Allen is obviously good mates with Jo Whiley and Moyles. That's about half of the Radio 1 listeners covered through those two DJs. I just hope Scott bigs up someone else to give it a bit of variation, as everyone is singing her praises. Or at least a different opinion from Chappers.