Unofficial Mills

Would you prefer to go out with a stupid partner?

Jono

I said today my friend from Malaysia was quite nice, but slightly dim at times. And a girl in the study room said she'd rather date someone thicker than her so she could mock them, and feel smarter.

Would you do this? It sounds cruel, but people said they'd rather date people who aren't as bright as them

It's relative. I wouldn't like to date someone so thick you couldn't have a proper conversation with them, like David Beckham. But equally, I sort of resent people who are more talented than me or more intelligent. So I think I'd say I like guys of about equal intelligence and aptitude.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

People can be clever in different ways though. Or they can know a lot different things, that might not fit the standard description of being "intelligent", but that doesn't make them stupid.

To actually answer the question, I wouldn't prefer to go out with someone stupid. Like Lucinda said, I'd like to able to have an actual conversation with someone. My first boyfriend is really clever in the traditional way, he's doing a PhD at Cambridge at the moment. Sometimes I did wonder what he was doing with me... but I didn't make me feel more stupid or anything. I learnt a lot from him. (Okay... that sounds wrong, I don't mean it like that! :P)

Another guy that I was seeing is amazing at what he does, but to some people it doesn't make him intelligent, as it's more arty. But I learnt loads from him too.

Okay, this is turning into a mini essay. Basically what I trying to say is that I wouldn't want to date a stupid partner, as I'd like someone that I can learn things from. Saying that, I wouldn't want someone who's clever all the time, because that's borrrrrrrring! :P