Unofficial Mills

Justin Quits The Darkness

Kelly

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Singer Justin Hawkins has left the glam-revival band the Darkness to continue his drug rehabilitation and work on a solo album, telling the Sun on Wednesday that "it's time for me to move on".

He added: "It would be damaging to my recovery to stay on. I'm not blaming the band for my problem -- I am an addict."

The remaining band members wrote on the Darkness message board (http://www.thedarknessrock.com): "We ... are still in total shock and can't say at this stage what the future holds. You will hear from us, once we know what we want to do."

The group burst onto the worldwide stage with its 2004 debut, "Permission To Land", which has sold 698,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. But last year's "One Way Ticket to Hell ... And Back" fizzled here, selling 91,000 copies to date.

In August, Hawkins entered rehab; at the time, the band insisted it would hit the studio as soon as he was well, and it denied rumors that it had been dropped by Atlantic Records.

Well...

I seem to remember earlier maybe it was on Moyles they were commenting that they were worried about Lil Chris because he might end up in rehab soon as he's so young. If he follows in the footsteps of Justin Hawkins... eek.

The Darkness are pretty screwed without him though, lets face it. They'll probably each pursue solo careers or new bands that fail, like Busted did.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Maybe I was thinking of Son Of Dork.

I'm not a fan of ex-Busted members anyway.

I liked 1 SoD song :oops: but I do like Fightstar, and (slightly related) Brigade rock too (Charlie Busted/Fightstar's brothers band) seeing them on Saturday :biggrin:

But I'm not convinced and your hopeless hearts won't stick. For the first time I know, this is now who I am.

http://www.myspace.com/82105668