Unofficial Mills

New MP3 Player

Jono

I'm thinking of getting a new MP3 player for my birthday, already owning a Zen Micro which has got on my nerves over the last year or so.

I'm thinking along the lines of the Sony MP3 players (about £160), as it seems to have a good battery life, and accepts various file formats.

I'm not overly bothered about it being coloured, would rather the battery life was longer, and not really interested in video or photos. 4GB would be ample enough I think.

Any ideas?

The Sony - I'm not so sure it is over-priced... for once. It looks reasonable compared to the Zen.

I'd like to get an iPod, but it won't take most of the downloads I have brought, so I think I'll give it a miss. Plus it'll be for college use, so expect a bit of wear.

Ipods are good,Ive got a Mini had it for over a year and have had no problems with it at all.

Although I do regret not getting a Creative Zen because of the Radio bit,might get a Creative Zen when I have some money.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Ipods are good,Ive got a Mini had it for over a year and have had no problems with it at all. Although I do regret not getting a Creative Zen because of the Radio bit,might get a Creative Zen when I have some money.

Wouldn't bother, the radio is pants on the original ones, doubt it's any better on the other ones.

I saaw in the News Of The World that Creative are relaeasing a new Zen that will spank the ass of the Nano, looks pretty darn good as well. Not sure what it is called though, short term memory and all that. Zens are always good and if you want to download music then you can use Napster monthly which is £10 or something a month for unlimited downloads, bargain - NEVER GET AN IPOD!!!!!

The only thing that ever goes wrong with my Sony is when I drop it and the battery (AAA) falls out...

However, my friend has a Creative Zen, and it freezes sometimes, and last month just before we finished school it went absolutely crazy and all sorts of things went wrong. So seeing all the trouble and assorted problems she's had with it, I'm not sure about them. I think I'll keep waiting for a high capacity mp3 player and see what comes out in the future, and keep rotating the music on my 1GB Sony. I've heard a lot of bad things about iPods as well.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

• 3 months later...