Unofficial Mills

Public transport

Olly

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus!

BAKERLOO, CENTRAL, CIRCLE, DISTRICT, EAST LONDON LINE, HAMMERSMITH & CITY, JUBILEE, METROPOLITAN, NORTHERN and PICCADILLY LINE: Severe delays are occurring due to faulty communication equipment.

VICTORIA LINE: Suspended between Warren Street and Brixton due to the investigation of a fire alert at Victoria.

Who broke the comms stuff?

Jesus!

BAKERLOO, CENTRAL, CIRCLE, DISTRICT, EAST LONDON LINE, HAMMERSMITH & CITY, JUBILEE, METROPOLITAN, NORTHERN and PICCADILLY LINE: Severe delays are occurring due to faulty communication equipment.

VICTORIA LINE: Suspended between Warren Street and Brixton due to the investigation of a fire alert at Victoria.

Who broke the comms stuff?

I broke it! Just for a laugh!

take control

the underground can be a complete nightmare, I had to get a bus from Gants Hill to Ilford followed by an over level train to Liverpool Street before I could get anywhere in town as there were major problems on the Central line.

Thank god I dont have the hassle with getting on public transport up here :D

It's probaby all the gits on £30K saying to each other "It's really hot down here, wish we had some air condidtioning, maybe we should go on strike again" all day long and has overloaded the system...not that I'm hold a bad view of underground staff or anything.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

Cheers for that. I got on the Tube at about... 6:55pm. I didn't notice anything about all that trouble. They were being very careful with the crowds on the Victoria line platforms though, after someone fell off one and died a couple of weeks back. The crowds to get on the escalator were scary, and it was pretty damn hot crammed up against all the other sweaty people. But coming back it was nice and empty.

One of my friends ended up going all around London to get from Liverpool Street to Victoria because so many of the Tubes were out. But they're out of service all the time. Often in the mornings stations are shut purely due to overcrowding. The transport in London is something which you really have to experience to believe. I really can't believe we're getting the Olympics here.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I don't like the Tube. I mean it's quick when it's working. But it's so hot even in winter because of the 'sardine' effect of everyone crammed into the carriages. The buses cost £1.50 but it's best to either get an Oyster pre-pay card or a day travelcard, so much cheaper and easier. I never know which bus to get though, I don't know the numbers of the ones in central London and where they go. I don't go on the bus much.

This is turning into a really boring thread about buses but...

At most bus stops there's a guide to all the destinations you can get to in the local area and a map telling you where to catch them from. If you don't see the area you're trying to get to you're probably miles away.

I get goosebumps when I venture outside the M25, it surrounds all londerns like a giant comfort blanket. That's why we're convinced nothing exists out of the M25.

I used to hate people like that and now I'm one of them.

I am like that too. Well, my little universe also contains a bit of the South Coast, after 5 years spent mostly on trains between London and Brighton. But north, east or west of London, I have very little idea what goes on :-?

That is absolutely true. Even here, which is suburban (although it's a pretty damn big town) you're better off walking than in a car most places. Olly, my advice to you is, try driving down Oxford Street during the daytime any day, or even better, Saturday, and then tell me that walking/bus/Tube/cycling isn't quicker and easier and often cheaper.