Unofficial Mills

Mobile phones

Guest JJ

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's part of me - like needing a watch.

I wouldn't use it much, but it's there incase. Reassuring for my folks, and me. Infact I'd say the day I have exams it's more crucial - I'm ususally so caught up with stress I forget something like money to get home, or my lunch or something stupid. And just the other day my friend managed to almost miss the exam - we were able to ring him and find out where he was and get him in on time.

My mother isn't that well at the moment, and I feel more assured that when I'm at college if there's any trouble I don't have the secretary poking her nose in problems by passing on messages and I can instantly get in touch. Plus there's no public phone boxes, the only phone we have is in the reception which requires you leaning in to the reception window and talking whilst in the reception area - along with school visitors.

Yeah, I don't often carry my phone. My family get annoyed with me for not knowing where it is half the time. At school it's on my desk in my room unless Scott Mills is on, in which case it's with me with the radio headset. Having said that, yesterday I spent about £3 credit calling all sorts of people trying to track down 4 different people who I was trying to meet up with. So I do carry it if I'm going into London, or sometimes in Brighton, but I often just take my mp3 player and no phone if I'm around here.

I don't carry it because I save credit that way, and because I don't see the point if I don't need it, and cos it has a tendancy to break. I have never taken my phone into an exam, because if I forget to hand it in I could get disqualified and that scares me. I always wear my watch though, I can't live without that.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I have two. Got one of them a year ago, and one of them 5 years ago. I haven't used the spare one in a few months though, I presume it still works. My phone isn't that high tech, but I don't need it to be any more high tech than it is. I'd like mp3 ringtones, and maybe a better camera, but apart from that, it's all good.

I don't see why you'd put a phone in your back pocket, cos you'd just end up sitting on it...

I actually rarely miss calls, I just don't see the point of carrying it around the house or around school.

Mine goes everywhere with me, unless I'm just going to the shop. My step-dad is a big gadget freak so everyone in my house has to have the newest model.

If I forget it for school, I can live through but I feel really disappointed when I realise I don't have it!

I leave my GPS mount on the screen all the time when I'm parked here and haven't had a problem yet.

Knowing my luck though...

Still dangerous leaving it in your car. The DVLA once wrote to my friend about her leaving her coat in the back her car once and reminded her that she shouldn't leave stuff on show

take control

It really annoys me when people do that, because despite what people say, they almost always aren't looking at the road. The number of times I've been almost hit by people doing it while I'm cycling. And so many people do it!

I'm not carrying my phone at the moment because I only have £2 credit and I want to save it. I'm not calling my parents either, they'll call me if they want to talk to me.