Unofficial Mills

Scott on daytime BBC Radio 2

Jono

I'm normally listening to Dance Anthems this time, I'm not that familiar with Radio 2 or this show, but on his own right he's great as always.

And until around 5:40 he managed not to say Radio1 instead of 2, that impressive. :)

Rather enjoyed it for a Radio 2 stint. The music was just right for listeners tuning in from Radio 1 and he had enough callers to ensure he had enough to work with.

He was clearly in his element talking to Sally Traffic. 

Whether Scott could bring a show like he has now to Radio 2 remains to be seen, but for a cover stint it was a good performance. 

1 hour ago, vorti said:

I'm normally listening to Dance Anthems this time, I'm not that familiar with Radio 2 or this show, but on his own right he's great as always.

And until around 5:40 he managed not to say Radio1 instead of 2, that impressive. :)

I missed it!! But let’s be real look at someone like Zoe Ball’ or Sara Cox’s Wikipedia’s you see they did cover then an odd show then weekends than daytime. So Scott could be following the train to Radio 2. Which would be a shame as he’s been at Radio 1 for 20 years now. He’s by far the longest running daytime dj either him or Greg anyway.  Both seem to be pushing to Radio 2 now. Which is a shame as they have been the ones that kept me there 

13 hours ago, anothernerd said:

I missed it!! But let’s be real look at someone like Zoe Ball’ or Sara Cox’s Wikipedia’s you see they did cover then an odd show then weekends than daytime. So Scott could be following the train to Radio 2. Which would be a shame as he’s been at Radio 1 for 20 years now. He’s by far the longest running daytime dj either him or Greg anyway.  Both seem to be pushing to Radio 2 now. Which is a shame as they have been the ones that kept me there 

Much rather he stayed with the BBC than crashed out to commercial radio though.

8 hours ago, Frankiexxz said:

I too missed it - I thought it was Sunday he was on - but good to read the positive feedback on here. Obviously I’d like Scott to stay at Radio 1 for a long time yet but good to know the path is being made clear for him at Radio 2. Listen Again is on later. 

he's already been there 20 years and he's 45 years old, it's amazing he's lasted on a radio station targeting 16-24s this long.  shows what you can do when you remain relevant to the audience.  

I listened to the whole show and thought he was absolutely briliant, at home, on target and sounded amzingly different but the same if that makes sense

I felt it was more "him" as in he was being himself more and we heard more of his personality coming out as opposed to quick fire segs on R1 and links

I reckon he spoke for more time yesterday on R2 than he has done on R1 for a long time

He showed a "mature" approach and adapted well but still some of the Scott we know and love coming out

If i was to vote it was a yassss from me, bring him on again and I would even go as far to say, if he moved to R2 I would quit R1 and not even bother with Greg anymore

Loved the bants with Sally Traffic and loved the music, seemed more up his street than R1 ever does and even he commented that it wasnt constant Drake i think in a link

I tweeted him with some love after as well and had a reply which made my day

Unless you're called Annie Nightingale or Pete Tong, you can't stay on R1 forever and it's comforting to know that whenever Scott leaves he hopefully moves no further than R2.

I think he has at least 3 years on R1 afternoons, and even after that he could stay on the chart alongside having an R2 show and make it to 25 years at R1. (At least I hope so because he's also the best chart presenter R1 had in a really long time.)

4 hours ago, anothernerd said:

I saw this on twitter earlier sounds like the way things at the bbc are going..

A1F08967-5775-409C-A987-0FC419F59309.png

i don't know what made you think to post this but it's just not true and shows a complete lack of understanding, and its just vicious..  radio 2 is good at being radio 2.  yes it has some people on it who aren't great as traditional radio DJs (rylan), but they don't want that.  if anything it's getting more modern and less bogged down in the past, while still appealing to a wide older age range.  scott will do very well there.  people need to stop attacking stuff just because personally it isn't for them.  by all means criticise anything you want, but constructively, don't attack stuff for the sake of it.  sorry if i sound a bit annoyed, i'm not, it just triggered me a bit.  

8 hours ago, Mike123 said:

i don't know what made you think to post this but it's just not true and shows a complete lack of understanding, and its just vicious..  radio 2 is good at being radio 2.  yes it has some people on it who aren't great as traditional radio DJs (rylan), but they don't want that.  if anything it's getting more modern and less bogged down in the past, while still appealing to a wide older age range.  scott will do very well there.  people need to stop attacking stuff just because personally it isn't for them.  by all means criticise anything you want, but constructively, don't attack stuff for the sake of it.  sorry if i sound a bit annoyed, i'm not, it just triggered me a bit.  

It was a joke! I’ll delete the post if needs be. I thought it was funny  . Sorry for triggering you @Mike123 

2 hours ago, Dan18F1 said:

I’m guessing from the tone of it, that the whole thing is a joke and is based on the fact that Radio 2 has changed quite a lot in the last few years and the fact that quite a lot of people aren’t that happy about it. I don’t think it’s anything to get too annoyed about. 

It’s a joke post I saw on twitter from another forum digital spy. I just wanted to get a laugh out of people that’s all. 

On 4/14/2019 at 11:53 AM, anothernerd said:

It’s a joke post I saw on twitter from another forum digital spy. I just wanted to get a laugh out of people that’s all.

The part with Fearne is perfect, I'd totally listen to that! But Jo Whiley's Shortest Show Ever sounds interesting too. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Listening back to some of my old recordings of Scott from the mid 2000's has made me realise he's done 21 years on Radio 1, what other daytime jock can say they have done that? Incredible really and well earned. Radio 2 seem to be adapting well to welcome his listeners if he makes the permanent switch, I heard Jo Whiley playing Wu Tang Clan's Gravel Pit earlier so why not. Then saying that, that track is now 18 years old!

on the grid.