Jump to content
  • New on Unofficial Mills


OohErr

The Scott Mills Show Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Interesting little behind the scenes thing Scott mentioned the other day: their Bangers picks have to be emailed in advance (I'm guessing for approval by the powers that be?) and they pick loads at a time, which then appear throughout the week but not on specific days as chosen by Scott or Chris. Which I guess explains why they sometimes say they forgot they picked it. And there I was thinking they just decided on the day.

I wonder if any Banger fixing goes on? Like if the bosses don't really want a song to be played, they make sure it's up against another song that is more likely to win? Hmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remembered 2018 is a World Cup year! I wouldn't ordinarily care, but hopefully it means Chappers will return to the show again to talk about it. The last time it happened, it was hilarious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, OohErr said:

Just remembered 2018 is a World Cup year! I wouldn't ordinarily care, but hopefully it means Chappers will return to the show again to talk about it. The last time it happened, it was hilarious. 

Also hoping that Scott & Chris do a couple red button commentaries again like the last World Cup and Euros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, OohErr said:

LOVED the John Newman interview last week. Dick Steel, singing the EastEnders theme - amazing. Love that he seems to be a genuine fan of the show.

As you are a fan of Sophie on the show, OohErr, you're going to LOVE the podcast today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jordan12 said:

As you are a fan of Sophie on the show, OohErr, you're going to LOVE the podcast today!

Omg yay I'll look forward to it. I'm a few days behind though, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to hear it :( But she IS the new Beccy, I'm telling you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OohErr said:

Omg yay I'll look forward to it. I'm a few days behind though, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to hear it :( But she IS the new Beccy, I'm telling you.

She is VERY good on yesterday's podcast. Scott does seem to be throwing over to his team for on-air responses more than what he used, which is definitely no bad thing at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Omg yay I'll look forward to it. I'm a few days behind though, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to hear it But she IS the new Beccy, I'm telling you.
Whether or whether she isn't, it's nice to hear some new voices, especially when they make Scott cackle like he was yesterday

Sent using the Unofficial Mills app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, robmichaelpotter said:

Any one got a clue what the bed is on the first bit of the podcast? (About the Aussie news lady in the lift)


Sent from my iPhone using the Unofficialmills.co.uk mobile app

I've had a look around, it's not from the Wise Buddah package and doesn't seem to be from last years Pure Jingles beds either. And I can't find it on NSM so who knows? Anyone have any idea what other production libraries Radio 1 like to use these days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of points about the show last week:

Laughed hysterically at the "WAZZZUUUUUP" calls, they were absolutely brilliant. Possibly my favourite thing they've done for a while, so so funny.

Banged my head against a wall repeatedly at Maya Jama totally not getting Scott's "ice cream" story. Which in itself was quite funny. 

Quote

Chris: Why would you think that was ice cream, why would you think that?

Maya: No but disgusting as well cause that could've come out of their mouth

Chris: No... Maya...

Scott: But I don't know why but my natural reaction was to lick it because all these people above me are eating ice creams so I'm like "ah lush delicious ice cream".

Chris: Think about it. Ice cream has landed from up high...

Maya: Oh my gosh! No. I've got a vision of what I think it might be now.

Chris: Exactly.

Scott: But because I've been fooled by the people eating ice creams above me -

Chris: Why would you eat their ice creams, you weirdo!

Scott: I just fancied a lick of it

Maya: Oh my gosh that is so horrible... it was bird poo!

Chris (in background): Yes, yes.

FACEPALM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

disclaimer: I didn't really know where to put this post, this thread seemed the most suitable. 
So, is Scott doing the VLM tomorrow? I've found this here https://www.telegraph.co.uk/athletics/2018/04/20/london-marathon-2018-date-race-time-starts-weather-transport/ 
If he is, then he's been rather quiet about it. Then again, this would be a sign of great modesty from him:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's interesting, I'd never heard anything of the sort so would be surprised if he was.

Then again, I distinctly remember hearing Adele Roberts and Grimmy discussing the marathon and who else at Radio 1 is doing it and being very surprised at one of the names, but I was half asleep and can't remember who it was. Could've been Mills I guess.

 

EDIT: I was able to work out what date it was and found it on the iPlayer. So according to Adele Roberts, Scott Mills, Danny Howard and Dev are doing it. I guess that explains why Scott's been mentioning being healthy recently. He's quite active in fundraising for MS charities as well, after his mum and Beccy got it. 11th April at about 6:23 if you wanna hear the link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRaaDQnKkWM

I mean, he said he was going to do it in the video. If nothing has changed, then I guess he is going to do it.

Although it's really hard to believe him not mentioning it on the show once. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean Scott bragging about it. It's just his first ever marathon and I know how much freaking out it involves. Adele, Dev and Danny Howard have all been mentioning this quite a lot (also - Dev's just said that he's forgotten to book a day off for tomorrow, got to love that man), so it's all pretty confusing. 

EDIT (after some research): The video is from early February and this picture: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgn5kvGFHmV/ is from late March. There's Adele in the back, but no Scott there. So I'd say he isn't doing it this year. Which is very fine, as running a marathon is pure hell.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2018 at 4:59 AM, Aleks_ said:

There's also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRaaDQnKkWM

I mean, he said he was going to do it in the video. If nothing has changed, then I guess he is going to do it.

Although it's really hard to believe him not mentioning it on the show once. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean Scott bragging about it. It's just his first ever marathon and I know how much freaking out it involves. Adele, Dev and Danny Howard have all been mentioning this quite a lot (also - Dev's just said that he's forgotten to book a day off for tomorrow, got to love that man), so it's all pretty confusing. 

EDIT (after some research): The video is from early February and this picture: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgn5kvGFHmV/ is from late March. There's Adele in the back, but no Scott there. So I'd say he isn't doing it this year. Which is very fine, as running a marathon is pure hell.

 

Along with no mention across Scott's social media, the results page shows that Scott didn't run the Marathon.  Adele Roberts finished in 3:30:38 , Dev in 4:30:56 , and Danny Howard in 5:41:16 .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, sometimes it's a matter of a mental barrier. And the first long distance race is really gruelling (although I think he did a couple of halfs in the past). Also, some minor injuries (shin splints being the most common) will influence your training as well and then you're too scared to keep going, simply because you're not really keen on pain. Training plan takes a lot of time too and if you're new to running, you'll hate it at first. A bit of a running nerd talk here, sorry for that. 
Having said that - I think it's a shame that Scott didn't run, but it might be (and probably is) something more than just laziness. Hope he'll do it one day though as he said he'd like to (in the video I've posted before).

Side note - Adele obviously smashed her race, but Dev is a real wonder to me. Running only as far as 10k before and doing a marathon in a pretty decent time. He's a natural apparently!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scott getting jealous over Chris bonding with Mike Skinner off of The Streets at last night's gig on Annie Mac's show was hilarious today!

Chris: 'Music speaks to me. I know that's a weird thing to say.'

Scott: 'I speak to you for 3 hours a day, hun!'

Later on...

Chris: 'I'm finding more and more that major moments in my life happen when you're around, Annie.'

Scott: 'Has she allowed you to play Innuendo Bingo with Lauren Pope? No!

HAHAHAHA! I love these two!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Aleks_ said:

Side note - Adele obviously smashed her race, but Dev is a real wonder to me. Running only as far as 10k before and doing a marathon in a pretty decent time. He's a natural apparently!

I think Dev sells himself short a lot of the time. Examples include his 'ropey style of presenting', but if you listen closely enough, there is a method to his madness; he claimed he wasn't a good cook then reached the semi-finals of Celebrity MasterChef, and now completing the London Marathon in a fantastic time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jordan12 said:

I think Dev sells himself short a lot of the time. Examples include his 'ropey style of presenting', but if you listen closely enough, there is a method to his madness; he claimed he wasn't a good cook then reached the semi-finals of Celebrity MasterChef, and now completing the London Marathon in a fantastic time!

I do like the way that Dev is very self deprecating a lot of the time. As much as he’s not the best presenter in my opinion, there aren’t many presenters that take the mickey out of themselves like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually like Dev

He's one of the DJs from the Moyles era left and I think he deserves a weekday slot - never understood why he didn't stick early breakfast out

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...