Unofficial Mills

Greg James dating Ellie Goulding?

Jono

THE fine tradition of Britain's top jocks hooking up with Premier League pop talent is alive and well, I'm happy to report.

Rising Radio 1 star GREG JAMES has been secretly dating Brit-winning singer ELLIE GOULDING for the past two months.

The pair have tried to keep their blossoming relationship under wraps but their efforts are no match for my spies.

They are the latest in a series of high profile link-ups between spinners at the pop station and music makers.

Former breakfast show host ZOE BALL wed FATBOY SLIM after meeting him while she was at the station.

Her replacement in the top job - SARA COX - fell for DJ JON CARTER while working there.

And EDITH BOWMAN, who James has replaced in the lunchtime show, dated ELBOW's GUY GARVEY before marrying EDITORS' frontman TOM SMITH. But don't expect the young lovers to be running down the aisle any time soon. Ellie is dead against marriage. Last month she told me that her parents' divorce had left her scarred.

She explained: "A lot of my friends had divorced parents so the norm for me was separation and not having a dad around. It put me off - and I don't really blame myself for not being interested in marriage and settling down."

Ellie, who won the Critics' Choice award at this year's Brits, has had a checkered love life.

Five years ago she embarked on a passionate relationship with a man in his thirties which fizzled out a couple of years later. She dedicated her album Lights to the fella she refers to only as Matthew.

A friend said: "Ellie hasn't had a serious relationship since splitting from Matthew.

"And she wasn't looking for one, either. She had been happy to concentrate on her career.

"But after being introduced to Greg by a mutual friend, she had a change of heart.

"The pair hit it off instantly and though it's only early days, they're both really happy together."

I'm a fan of Greg. He's refreshed the lunchtime slot on the station and is set for big things in the future.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3020747/Ellie-Gouldings-secret-love-is-Radio-1-DJ-Greg-James.html#ixzz0rHu9MCvP

Hmm this is the same Greg James who agreed to go on that on-air date with 'Miss C' off Fearne's show just over a month ago?

When someone at The Sun says something was reported by 'my spies', doesn't that usually mean it's completely made up? Same with the use of a friend said... later on.

Nice story if it's true, but I don't trust much that The Sun prints.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

what happened to his long term girlfriend Claire ?

Welcome along to 2010!

Greg James | 17:37 UK time, Monday, 4 January 2010

Well here we are then, another decade. Hello to all the old farts who regularly look on here and welcome to the new people too. If you are new, please say hello on the comments thing below - it's always excellent to hear from you and I'd like to thank you for your input. Here's to the next 12 months!

So, my holiday was pretty good then. You know, the usual, bit of sun, sea and heat exhaustion. I was tucked up in bed vomiting for two days because my fair skin was ill prepared for the rays. I would like to publicly apologise to my girlfriend's parent's whose kitchen sink I was sick into. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/gregjames/2010/01/welcome_along_to_2010.html

also i don't remember hearing that Edith was getting married, it says on her wiki page, i suppose that's where the sun get all there info from :rolleyes:

:)

Explains stuff that was happening on Moyles this week "Dave who at radio 1 likes ellie goulding the most?"

I missed that. What day was that on?

what happened to his long term girlfriend Claire ?

That finished a month or two back. Moyles was talking about it the week before they went to the cottage in Bangor. He tried to persuade Greg to let him find a girl for him, much to Greg's embrassment!

''is Dave1 the real Dave ? '' E*F*4*L

Explains stuff that was happening on Moyles this week "Dave who at radio 1 likes ellie goulding the most?"

That now does make a lot of sense. The team got very giggly when Chris referred to how much of a EG fan Dom is, they then descended in to a who at R1 likes her the most conversation, giggling throughout!

ChrisHewgill.jpg

I missed that. What day was that on?

That finished a month or two back. Moyles was talking about it the week before they went to the cottage in Bangor. He tried to persuade Greg to let him find a girl for him, much to Greg's embrassment!

didn't take him to long to get over her did it, must have been bored now he is a big shot dj & wanted someone more inline with his celeb status, a normal girl didn't cut it, if they split a month or two back & he has been seeing EG for two months, *wonders if Claire knew & that's why they split*

I'm very jealous of Greg. I don't fancy celebrities but Ellie Goulding is an exception.

didn't take him to long to get over her did it, must have been bored now he is a big shot dj & wanted someone more inline with his celeb status, a normal girl didn't cut it, if they split a month or two back & he has been seeing EG for two months, *wonders if Claire knew & that's why they split*

He's what 24? Who do you like in the celebrity world... Russell Brand and Fearne Cotton. They've hardly been ones to settle down have they? I'm not convinced you can criticise him on relationships :)

I understand your sentiments that he moved on quickly but some people work in different ways. I take forever to get over a girl. Others are over relationships within days.

I understand your sentiments that he moved on quickly but some people work in different ways. I take forever to get over a girl. Others are over relationships within days.

Russell Brand is getting married to Katie Perry, what i'm saying is that he used to talk about Claire loads, & he has been with her for years, then just stopped mentioning her two months ago apparently, & he has been seeing Ellie for about two months, maybe i'm putting 2 & 2 together & getting 5, it just seems a bit :doubt:

Russell Brand is getting married to Katie Perry,

So he settled down at 35? Greg is still young.

I hate having to drag up poor Bowman but to try and draw on the double standards I feel I'll have to. Edith went out with Tom Smith shortly after dumping Elbow's Guy Garvey.

It's nice to see Greg has clearly gained the trust of Ellie - a girl that seems to have been hurt by guys before.

Alan I really don't think you or any of us are in a position to speculate on Greg's reasoning for finishing with his last girlfirend then moving on. I think that's unfair. He's allowed to move on with his life after a split and just because he's in a position where he's meeting famous people I don't think its fair to be saying

must have been bored now he is a big shot dj & wanted someone more inline with his celeb status, a normal girl didn't cut it,

That's an unfair accusation to make when you don't know either Greg or Ellie personally.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

ugh i dunno....

all i was saying is that it seems a bit :doubt: that's all.

i remember him going on about his gf a lot before, then he just stopped then a month later this news breaks.

i don't care what he gets up-to, good luck to him, but you must see where i'm coming from.

cannot seem to say anything about greg here that could cast him in a negative light, without getting jumped on, i think you have been reading the sun to much :rolleyes:

...close-minded once again...

yeah right, that's why i have posted what i have (maybe what others have thought themselves) & not taken what the sun has wrote as gospel, my mind is more open than you could possibly imagine.

yeah right, that's why i have posted what i have (maybe what others have thought themselves) & not taken what the sun has wrote as gospel, my mind is more open than you could possibly imagine.

But you gave us more of an in-depth analysis than any other person :P

cannot seem to say anything about greg here that could cast him in a negative light, without getting jumped on, i think you have been reading the sun to much :rolleyes:

Oh the irony of this statement. Presumably The Sun have at least some evidence to support what they write about. You've just launched into a character assassination of Greg James based on god knows what.

Oh the irony of this statement. Presumably The Sun have at least some evidence to support what they write about. You've just launched into a character assassination of Greg James based on god knows what.

They don't usually have much evidence outside of often-made-up sources... unless they run a sting themselves. How many times does that rag have to be caught out for publishing utter lies?

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...