Unofficial Mills

Sat nav advice please

cxx666

I am looking for a new sat nav, because I am sick of the current one I have throwing tantrums and not being very reliable.

Does anyone out there have 1, and if so who makes it? I have my eye on 1 which I'm thinking about getting in a few days but I want as much differnt opinion as possible. Thanks

Not impressed with censorship

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&q=tom+tom+XL&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=8926118756580290194&ei=ZMfRS9XGF5Hm-QbnlpijDA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCAQ8wIwAg#ps-sellers

This is the one I've got. I've found it to be very accurate and easy to follow on the roads, however the battery life without plugging it in is terrible, doesn't last long at all. Saying that if you only ever use yours plugged in to the car than that's not a problem. It's also really easy to use and has a good computer system thingy on it.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

I got a Tomtom XL Live UK. I get 1 month free Live with the sat nav, after that I have to pay for it. I spoke to Tomtom and it turns out the one I originally bought had a fault and wouldnt connect cos of that. Got a replacement and it seems to be working fine now

I have some good advice - dont bother! They leave sticky rings on the windscreen, unlike a map........... ;)

no chance, i absolutely hate maps :P

Not impressed with censorship