Unofficial Mills

#oneaday - One blog, every day, for a year. Ideally.

JonathanEx

If you've been following me on Twitter you'll probably have seen me over the last 3 weeks, most of the time I'm rambling about some ridiculous need to blog in a panic around 10:30pm every night. This will probably continue for a long time.

It's all about some challenge that I'm doing, and it'd be fun to get some more people from UM involved too. Basically, the idea is to write a blog every day for the year. Simples.

The rules are, one blog, each day, a minimum of one paragraph (see? that's not too bad!) and a day is when you wake up to when you to sleep. No pissy midnight guidelines here.

Even if you don't manage it every day, it's still a fun challenge to push yourself to do. A test of actually getting stuff done for deadlines, resolve, and creativity as you come up with 365 things to write about. What you do from there is up to you: maybe a diary, maybe more in the style of a column, or maybe different things on different days. Push yourself creatively, practice writing and have a laugh with it.

It's something that's started via twitter, hence the #oneaday hashtag title, and there's a fancy hub page at http://ultrabrilliant.co.uk/network/ with everyone who is taking part.

It'd be great to see some more people join in, as it's fun to read everyone's blogs and it's like a little community now. You can host your blog wherever, maybe do it here on UM, get a free Wordpress.com blog or go elsewhere. I personally recommend Tumblr, as you get so much customisation options, and there's a nice 'follow' system which helps you keep up to date with other people.

Mine's http://boxofhatsandwigs.tumblr.com/ - I'm 22 days in so far, but it's never too late to start. Now, just need to come up with something today...

BritishGaming.co.uk | SciFi.co.uk