Unofficial Mills

16th November to 20th November 2009

Jono

Wrong so wrong. ;)

Girlfriend = more presents. less miserable christmas shopping. new year busy.

Hahaha good god, Scott, we've had computers instead of pens in Argos in Norfolk in years.

We just got the self-check outs at the Morrisons in Cromer. Jesus, they do confuse me. You have to put coins on a conveyor belt. I was like "Help? Is it notes only?" "No love, you put them on the conveyor belt..."

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afternoon Folks.

I remember the tills in asda in liverpool being stupid a couple of years agi when my friend was using her own bag "THERES AN UNEXPECTED ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA, PLEASE REMOVE" and the till monitor lady was really rude to my friend (who had never used the things before so didnt know what was wrong )then the lady swore about us to another customer, so i complained and we got a free £10 voucher.

THe asda ones up here are rubbish if ur bying clothes cos they dont recognize the hanger so you have to hold it to stop the thing moaning at you. Sometimes just going to the normal till is much easier.

Sorry if for any spelling mistakes, I'm dyspraxic.

I'd like Posh Radio 4 Lady... for the self-checkout machine I mean.

"Dear customer, there's a problem, LOL. Please wait for assistance. Winking smiley".

Very good suggestion, her voice might calm me down a bit. Self service checkouts freak me out and generally put me in a bad mood.

Re. girlfriend situation, it would also mean you have to buy extra pressies.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I tried a self service checkout a month ago, when I was in Scotland, but I don't think it's that great. I like the "personal" contact with some actual people.

By the way, is this sentence actually correct: "However worried they are, they..."? Because I have read that the word "however" can be used like that.

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot