Unofficial Mills

Robbie Williams at the Electric Proms

Jono

"and there's only one way to get out of that.

Angels."

You could just see where that story was going :D

Looking forward to seeing the 11.20pm BBC 2 coverage.

I had a Christmas twinge hearing Angels. It's blatantly going to be all over the Radio 1 playlist in December! And 'Video Killed The Radio Star' is a great cover to end on. I'm really impressed by it all tonight.

Hands up who really wishes they were there?

The Guradian has picked up on Scott's interview in their weekly round up

Robbie Williams was the biggest deal, as he's not touring until 2010. So, as befits a digitally savvy broadcaster, the BBC used its commercial arm, Worldwide, to set up cinema screenings of his performance in 23 countries – and promptly won a Guinness world record for "most simultaneous screenings of a live concert". (Some people call that multi-platforming; others, milking it.) Us radio bunnies didn't need to leave the house, as the concert was broadcast live on Radio 1. It sounded great, the swooping sentiment of a full orchestra warming Robbie's cheesy exuberance – "You look beautiful tonight, Roundhouse!" – and, yes, tuneful voice.But what I really liked was the interview beforehand, Scott Mills: The Robbie Williams Warm-Up. Scott, a celeb-lover, was a bit "Ooh, me too", but he's sharp enough to know when to push with his questions and the production was exciting (lots of clips set to X Factor-style music, drop-ins of Chris Moyles's show and of Williams unexpectedly phoning Mills on air a few years ago). Williams himself proved a brilliant guest. He explained that awful "I'm rich beyond my wildest dreams" quote; he'd meant to say: "I'm going to spend spend spend!" like a 1960s pools winner, but it came out wrong. "It does haunt me," he admitted. "Every time I think about it, I throw up a little."

Then, flipping into interviewer mode himself, he kiboshed Mills on the subject of Botox. "Have you done any?" he asked Mills, who made a strangled, non-committal noise. "Hang on a minute!" continued Williams. "Frown for me! Ha ha ha!" Very funny.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2009/oct/25/electric-proms-robbie-williams-sawyer

james_ryder.png

• 2 months later...