Unofficial Mills

The Lisbon Treaty

E*F*4L

Would you vote for the Lisbon Treaty?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for the Lisbon Treaty?

• Yes
    • No

well is looks like it's all over now :(

goodbye;

democracy

freedom of speach

civil libertys

sterling

foreign policy (British army, Royal navy, Royal air-force)

permanent seat at the United Nations

Commonwealth

taxation

hello;

President Tony Blair

dumping ground for the rest of Europe's problems

:)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well is looks like it's all over now :(

goodbye;

democracy

freedom of speach

civil libertys

sterling

foreign policy (British army, Royal navy, Royal air-force)

permanent seat at the United Nations

Commonwealth

taxation

hello;

President Tony Blair

dumping ground for the rest of Europe's problems

Is that really everything we lose power over? Sod this, I will now be leaving the UK!

Your points may be a TINY but one sided there Alan, I think it is best if you look at both sides of the argument...

ok,

something good that will come out of it, we will not have to go to war with Germany again to protect the French, that is the actual reason that the European Union was originally set up, well so that Germany wouldn't invade.

i don't have a problem with France, Germany, Spain & the rest of the states of Europe, but the EU Parliament, policy makers & civil servants have no mandate to rule as the majority are un-elected.

Labour who have always gone on about local issues & local government have been more eager to give up our laws to the EU, that is ironic as they are moving the law makers further away & more removed from people.

i mean how can the EU policy & law makers think they can rule & do good when they are so inept they cannot decide on where the Parliament should be based

The European Parliament is the only assembly in the world with more than one meeting place and also one of the few that cannot decide its own location, once a month, the bags are packed. The 732 Members of the European Parliament (MEP), as well as their assistants and staff, travel every month from Belgium to France and back, taking everything but the kitchen sink, in order to hold their four-day plenary session in Strasbourg.

http://www.cafebabel.com/eng/article/1906/europes-strangest-migrants.html

i just dont want to be controlled by a christmas vegetable that no one like (brussels)

and why the hell is europes main meeting place belgium the only thing there ever good for is chocolate and ive tried it and englands cadbury chocolate is way better.

if i come to power belgium and switzerland are the 1st to be invaded and we dont need anywere shitty like france because as we all know no one likes a frenchman.

im on a roll this week lol

Is that really everything we lose power over?

No, it's not. The first post is simply typical half-hearted typical overreactionary douchebaggery usually spouted in pubs by probable racists who want to be patriotic without knowing much in the way of the actual facts other than "oh no we're losing power, it's political correctness gone mad." It's all baseless shit, verging on flat-out lying.

I would have voted in favour of the Lisbon treaty had there been a referendum, yes.

Every new EU treaty, including Lisbon, is a step toward a more democratic, fair and workable European Union.

I would have voted in favour of the Lisbon treaty had there been a referendum, yes.

Every new EU treaty, including Lisbon, is a step toward a more democratic, fair and workable European Union.

on one hand i want to say we should sort out our own problems first before we join this lisbon thing,

but on the other hand i wonder if this is the key to sorting out our problems.

i guess i won't really know until i know what the lisbon treaty actually is.

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

No, it's not. The first post is simply typical half-hearted typical overreactionary douchebaggery usually spouted in pubs by probable racists who want to be patriotic without knowing much in the way of the actual facts other than "oh no we're losing power, it's political correctness gone mad." It's all baseless shit, verging on flat-out lying.

so we won't lose any of that then? & we won't be ruled by even more decisions made in the EU Parliament ?

all the EU parliament seems to do is create even more rules & regulations, that over-rule the laws made by the MP's that we vote for.

so im a racist then because i do not want to be part of the EU :rolleyes:

shouldn't it be fair & democratic in the first place ?

because if it is, shouldn't we get a vote on the treaty & even a say on the president ?

so we won't lose any of that then?

No, not particularly.

We'll have no less democracy than we have right now. We'll still elect our Prime Minister, still vote on whatever we vote on these days (which, c'mon, is fuck all anyway - didn't vote on Iraq without the EU and we really should have been allowed to so that we could have stopped it from happening), etc. Free speech... when have we ever had free speech? Free speech has never existed in its purest form other than in people's heads, and most of the restrictions have come from our own laws without the EU. Civil libertys... not even sure what you're hinting at here, but sounds like bullshit. Sterling, it's a flat-out lie that we'd have to go to the Euro immediately; we'd need a referendum (sp?) and chances are we'd vote against it. Plus, even if we DID go to the Euro, it's been a positive for most countries thus far. Seen absolutely nothing in reference to our forces but I don't believe for a second that we'd lose them. We will not lose our UN seat - another made up fallacy. And even if we did, that's the fault of OUR government, not the EU. But again, won't happen. Although, after the bullshit of Iraq we probably deserve to be kicked out anyway. Not nice to know your former PM is a war criminal, but eh.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/EU_Reform_Treaty_10_Myths.pdf

shouldn't it be fair & democratic in the first place ?

It couldn't have ever been 'democratic' in the first place because It's evolved from an organisation established in the late 1950s designed to protect Europe's coal and steel manufacturers into what it is today, yes, a supranational organisation with many characteristics of a state, but not a state and as such institutions which don't function as they might in a democratic nation state. The European Union is constantly being moulded and re-formed, reformed and shaped by the politicians of its member states and the will of its population; it's an evolution to a more democratic European Union that needs time and support, certainly with the adoption of the Lisbon Treaty the European Union is ever closer to that much-sought outcome.

• 4 weeks later...

well it seems that its all over with now :(

no say in how we are ruled by un-elected officials far removed from reality & taxation without representation.

going to write to, Brown, Cameron & Clegg & ask they what exactly is the point in voting for any of their parties MP's as they now have no power what so ever as EU law will continue to erode & will soon override English law.

post-4230-145327878847_thumb.jpg

No, not particularly.

We'll have no less democracy than we have right now. We'll still elect our Prime Minister, still vote on whatever we vote on these days (which, c'mon, is fuck all anyway - didn't vote on Iraq without the EU and we really should have been allowed to so that we could have stopped it from happening), etc. Free speech... when have we ever had free speech? Free speech has never existed in its purest form other than in people's heads, and most of the restrictions have come from our own laws without the EU. Civil libertys... not even sure what you're hinting at here, but sounds like bullshit. Sterling, it's a flat-out lie that we'd have to go to the Euro immediately; we'd need a referendum (sp?) and chances are we'd vote against it. Plus, even if we DID go to the Euro, it's been a positive for most countries thus far. Seen absolutely nothing in reference to our forces but I don't believe for a second that we'd lose them. We will not lose our UN seat - another made up fallacy. And even if we did, that's the fault of OUR government, not the EU. But again, won't happen. Although, after the bullshit of Iraq we probably deserve to be kicked out anyway. Not nice to know your former PM is a war criminal, but eh.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/EU_Reform_Treaty_10_Myths.pdf

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

And I can't even vote yet...

Now Alen, stop with the rubbish.

Y4Ar5.png

well it seems that its all over with now :(

no say in how we are ruled by un-elected officials far removed from reality & taxation without representation.

going to write to, Brown, Cameron & Clegg & ask they what exactly is the point in voting for any of their parties MP's as they now have no power what so ever as EU law will continue to erode & will soon override English law.

What about the Scots Irish and Welsh?? Please remember its not just England in the UK.