Jono

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's good news, mainly.

Great to have more speech output on Radio 1, and Nihal's new show will hopefully be very interesting. I am very much looking forward to that.

Also, I did never really like Tong's show, whereas Mac's Mashup is brilliant, so there is no gap Friday night's in which I have to avoid R1.

The rest of the changes do not really affect me, although I would have liked Steve Lamacq to stay...

Won't miss Westwood's INMWT. If they asked me I would advise them to change Saturday nights. If I do not like some kind of music at all, it's that hophop thing...

unique...

Don't see the point in siulcasting all of Saturdays programmes, if I want to listen to 1xtra, then I will.

Not to sure on Annie starting the weekend but glad that Judge Jules is staying his show is sounding great at the moment (although he would be better on his old Saturday slot).

"Just one more game, I promise"

Don't see the point in siulcasting all of Saturdays programmes, if I want to listen to 1xtra, then I will.

I agree, but...

1. 1Xtra is only digital whereas many people only have access to analogue radio's.

2. Radio 1 is about every genre of popular music, so even though 1Xtra exists, I think that they have to fairly represent urban music on an equal basis to dance/rock etc.

I like the idea of a review show- that's just the sort of thing I thought they should do on Edith's show instead of the constant boring film talk. Shame it's with Nihal though, I find him intensely irritating.

I'm not surprised Annie's moving shows with Pete Tong- he has been a bit sidelined since they introduced 'Floorfillers' (which I think is a waste of time, only there to fit in with the 7 o'clock finish), though I do much prefer the Mash Up. It would be nice to have it on Saturdays too, with more indie in there- that would be a good alternative. Who is going to start the weekend now though?! And what of Vernon Kay's plans to be the new Pete Tong?!

Obviously having Annie cover Pete lately has been a test and adding 100,000 listeners will have sealed the deal. Long night for Nihal on a Tuesday though. Although he will also probably be the cover boy now as discussed. INWT is no great loss. At least Zane stays firmly where he is.

james_ryder.png

good changes! You can see how the daytime changes fit into it now and the whole look of the station is much better with the full picture.

Annie Nightingale is a good move!

Will really miss Rob Da Bank on a Sunday night though as he was great at that time - his 2 shows where immense, and its not a great replacement - 4 hours of repeated material! I always thought he would have been good in the colin slot.

Annie/Pete is a good switch too!

Looking forward to it!