Unofficial Mills

I had swine flu and didn't even know it!

Jono

Just sought a second opinion from a GP and it seems they've concluded I have had swine flu. After three to four weeks of feeling shit. Originally they claimed due to a lack of temperature at the time of visiting the surgery I didn't have it but now they've concluded that they can't rule out swine flu and it seems more probable than the sinus infection they originally diagnosed me with as antibiotics didn't kill it.

They've recommended plenty of water and paracetamol to prevent the headaches I'm currently getting as a result.

They never really can diagnose influenza from symptoms though, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza-like_illness they just diagnose it as probable. So they probably couldn't tell whether you had the H1N1 swine flu virus or another type of flu virus. Either way though, antibiotics wouldn't have helped.

One of my friends got flu while he was at Download festival, he didn't really see anyone else while he had it though except his friend who also had it. I saw him when he was mostly over it but he didn't think it was worth seeing a doctor about which is good because if he'd been diagnosed they would have stopped me and my other friends going to Glastonbury because we'd been in contact with him!

Hope you feel better soon Jono.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Guest Hazz

In a way you are lucky... When/if the flu starts infecting thousands of people during the winter you will be immune. It's better to catch it now but don't go having swine flu parties... Even if it does infect a lot more people during winter we still don't know how deadly it is. We have been told the people who died from H1N1 had "serious underlying health problems". Why don't they just tell us what their problems were? Why this mystery...?

In a way you are lucky... When/if the flu starts infecting thousands of people during the winter you will be immune. It's better to catch it now but don't go having swine flu parties... Even if it does infect a lot more people during winter we still don't know how deadly it is. We have been told the people who died from H1N1 had "serious underlying health problems". Why don't they just tell us what their problems were? Why this mystery...?

I'm not sure, but I think if you suffer from hay fever and asthma then you're more susceptible to contracting swine flu. If you are unlucky enough to get it, then I think it hits you harder than those without underlying health issues.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

I'm not sure, but I think if you suffer from hay fever and asthma then you're more susceptible to contracting swine flu. If you are unlucky enough to get it, then I think it hits you harder than those without underlying health issues.

Gutted I have both of those!

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson