Unofficial Mills

New male voiceover on Radio 1

jimbos

Guest inxces4308
The big question of course is how long it'll be before the podcast stuff is updated - we had Louis (my favourite by far) for ages after, and the females too.

Becky the old old female vo is still on some of them!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest inxces4308
Not necessarily. They had some very cool sounding sung jingles around ten years ago. They don't always have to sound 80s..

Sung jingles are old-school now and not with the current imaging scene....not that what Radio 1 are doing now is 'with the scene.

Don't look back, always look forward.

Yes, they don't always have to sound 80's but they wouldn't sound right on Radio 1 at the moment, there would be no real need for them.

It's impressive that Moyles manages to have sung jingles which sounds up to date, but I think that partially comes from just the whole fantastic Music 4 package. And is so catchy.

They have gone very very bland now and lost the spark that R1 had always had....It just seems to be pitch bend after pitch bend with echo.....Zzzzz

I can see what you're saying... in the montage posted on here, it's the ones with the effects that sound a bit eugh.

Oh god, I just heard an awful BBC slowed down from him when listening to iPlayer... and the news has caught me off, I've got too used to mentally going "Digital, FM, Online, This, is radio 1". The BBC ruins the pace. I'll get over being stupid though. :P

Also, could it just be coincidence that Holly from Maidstone (do we know the actual artists name, or is it Holly?) seems to have had a lot of only-her voiceovers recently, or at least, appeared to be the primary voice.

BritishGaming.co.uk | SciFi.co.uk

Also, could it just be coincidence that Holly from Maidstone (do we know the actual artists name, or is it Holly?) seems to have had a lot of only-her voiceovers recently, or at least, appeared to be the primary voice.

I think that's to make the change over between male voiceovers more subtle. Just heard Jody on one of Nihals beds.

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

I wish Radio 1 would bring back sung jingles.

Please god no.

I like the new chap. Seems to be good, I never quite got used to the other chap. The best one was the Scotish guy from a few years ago (who we recently heard again on the emergency tape!). I wonder whether we'll have some

The Chris Moyles Show (Guitary bit) BBC Radio 1.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Guest inxces4308

The Chris Moyles Show (Guitary bit) BBC Radio 1.

Probably. That would work very very very easily. I can even hear the tune in my head already, it wouldn't change much but the notes for 'international' would be shorted and sped up.

Although during breakfast they are international.....So may decide to leave it in.

ha -- you guys are amazing. i was googling 'jody latham' (had never heard of him, being off of america here) after hearing the e-mail in Dear Scott last week. and here you fill me in on news before i know it.

most people don't care about station imaging/voiceovers, but for those of us who do listen for such things, changes can be grating on the senses.

i loved the latham/holly combo -- how good did it sound with the two of them in the 1tros? seriously -- hot. and the 'digital - fm - online - this - is radio 1' tracks SO well when you say it. it works.

plus, there's gotta be some pride in the 'national' moniker -- when all is said and done, this is YOUR radio station, for and by the people of the UK (even though it really has taken off globally over the years).

we don't have a true 'national' radio here in the US -- and I think our syndicated programming pales in comparison to what happens across the BBC. but, perhaps that's an idea behind the change. put your name on it if you're proud of the work you're doing. easier to market to the rest of the world.

as one of those who detests change, it'll take a while for me to warm up to this new chap. but how cool of a job is that -- to tell your uni mates that you're the VO guy on Radio 1 (or, should I say, BBC Radio 1).

and now, being a complete dork, i've gotta go record some old latham stuff from my mills show trove. (those pictures of jody from cosmo -- good MORNIN)

love youu

I know it's new, blah blah blah BUT, I just think the BBC sounds stupid. National seems to fit so much better! And I don't like the way he says 'Scott Mills'....He ain't no Jody!

P.S. I feel well sorry if this guy happened to see this and we're all slagging him off!

www.drainpipeclothing.com