• UK Independence
    • Respect (Unity Coalition)
    • BNP
    • Pensioners Party
    • The Common Good
    • Other Party Not Listed Here
    • Not Voting
    • Abstaining (Invalidating Voting Slip)

Personally I will not be voting. It will only go to show Gordon Brown what he can't quite get to grips with, which is that no one trusts him. The expenses leaks coming out now just show how pretty much every MP takes the piss out of the tax payers.

General election wise, there are only two real parties who will ever win, and both are just as bad as each other

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boss is part of UKIP. On principle I want to say 'screw you' for giving me loads of propaganda but a friend pointed out if I vote for him he'll spend all of his time in Brussels so won't be bothering me. I still find it somewhat ironic in voting them in to Europe.

As for voting who governs the council here I'll probably vote the Conservatives out. The Green party gets a lot of support in Norwich but I don't know whether they will have a success in Norfolk as a whole.

For anyone considering voting BNP, may I direct you to http://www.hopenothate.org.uk :)

heres another reason: they get into power, in any shape or form, Bye bye Gays, immigrants and pretty much anyone else that aren't perfect, british Daily Mail readers. :|

Yeah, don't like them much myself actually... And OI anyone who wants to correct me on anything about the BNP (looking at you Grace :P) don't, because I actually prefer that view of them xD

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

Europe's a different kettle of fish to general and local elections.

The BNP don't do anything once they get in. My uncle is a councilor and he got voted out for the BNP. He did (does) loads for the community and the BNP did nothing at all. Then all the old people started ringing him up and complaining at him! I think it was a case that most people didn't vote which let the BNP supporters in, anyway he was reelected during the next elections.(although the BNP are still there as its not been 4 years yet)

Sam

Europe's a different kettle of fish to general and local elections.

The BNP don't do anything once they get in. My uncle is a councilor and he got voted out for the BNP. He did (does) loads for the community and the BNP did nothing at all. Then all the old people started ringing him up and complaining at him! I think it was a case that most people didn't vote which let the BNP supporters in, anyway he was reelected during the next elections.(although the BNP are still there as its not been 4 years yet)

on a local level they're pretty much useless. But everytime they win, they get stronger. if they ever managed to get really popular (highly unlikely) then they could get to Number 10. and no-one really wants that do they? Bleh.

You got it, as well as homophobia, there's anti-semitism, holocaust denial, etc etc.

Pretty much Nazis, but more british. Thats how I perceive them anyway.

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

on a local level they're pretty much useless. But everytime they win, they get stronger. if they ever managed to get really popular (highly unlikely) then they could get to Number 10. and no-one really wants that do they? Bleh.

Pretty much Nazis, but more british. Thats how I perceive them anyway.

Probably or they'll get in and not change or do anything and then the country will fall apart.

-----

What do you get on the smallest political quiz? http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Apparently im a

draw.php?p=4&e=4

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 40%.

Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 40%.

According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is...

CENTRISTS espouse a "middle ground" regarding government control of the economy and personal behavior. Depending on the issue, they sometimes favor government intervention and sometimes support individual freedom of choice.

Centrists pride themselves on keeping an open mind,

tend to oppose "political extremes," and emphasize what

they describe as "practical" solutions to problems.

Sam

I am voting for the Green Party in the European elections. I know that that is contrary to my pro-federalist beliefs on Europe being that the Greens are anti-federalist because they regard the EU as a capitalists' club; however, I cannot stand any other party on the list (except for Respect) for the life of me and I'm sure the Greens would veto legislation emanating from the European parliament that conflicted with their general environment-centric political ideology and ergo mine.

thought i would be a bit more to the right;

YourQuizScore-Libertarian_124225122.png

would it be possible for the people who have said they are not going to vote, to have a think about voting & if you still decide that none of the parties represent your views, then you just abstain by invalidating you voting card as that will show to the government & parties that some people don't feel they are being represented.

the poll above is quite telling i think as its very open which has surprised me a bit, i thought there would be some Lib Dem voters if im honest.

:)

Received the information and voting forms this morning. What a load of crap from UKIP. The only party policies that seemed to make any sense to me were those of the Green Party. So, I think I have made my decision now.

Despite the fact that none of the leading contenders appear to have much of an interest in Britain's active participation in Europe, I am still not going to spoil my vote.

I also would like to back up what Alan said above, it's not that much of an effort to turn up to your local polling station. Don't waste your vote, you are lucky to have one.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Im not voting... as soon as you are on the register people can get hold of your details and steal your identidy.... mainly i cant be bothered

That can happen as soon as you have a credit card or anything like that. Can't complain about how shoddy the government is without voting! :P

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Im not voting... as soon as you are on the register people can get hold of your details and steal your identidy.... mainly i cant be bothered

There are two versions - you can choose not to be on the one they sell. Also if your not on the register you could get fined and it could stop you getting jobs and all-sorts - including mobile phone contracts (if you saw Tonight last week ;)).

Sam