Unofficial Mills

amazing street finds

phoenix

Its really unbelievable what happens when you cant drive. You'll be out walking and find treasures by the road. Mostly CDs. There's a lot of em on streets by me. Today though, I found a fully functional GPS baby!! I think you guys call it a sat nav, at least I heard Scott call it that one time. It works and everything, and just to be sure I took it to Best Buy (electronics) and they said its fine and all it needs is a charger.

:D

Have you ever found a street treasure?

oh btw, the GPS has an adress in it marked "home". Do you think I should call and let them know I found it? Clearly the GPS was just thrown from a car window. My mom said its obvious no one wanted it.

What do you think?

myspace.com/phoenixstarr21

As long as you're sure it's not been stolen and then dumped... cos then you've got stolen goods on you. Sounds like a pretty good find though. The most exciting stuff I seem to find is money. I found £30 once.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Here are the theories:

1. Someone was pissed off at it and chucked it. It does get really bad reception. At least in my house.

2. Someone stole a car and ditched the GPS to avoid police tracking. (my friend said that)

Theoretically the GPS could be tracked from wherever, right? So maybe the owner will find me. I deleted all the favorites and put my own in but I kept the "home" adress, in case the guilt starts to eat away at me.

According to google, the model is no longer manufactured but used to retail around $200. As far as I can tell its a 2006 model.

I found a tenner in the street on Friday :)

In Glasgow, we have on street bulk item pick-up and it is really funny to watch a pile of old furniture that someone has thrown out deplete during the day as people rifle through boxes and roll away sofas and chairs

caitlynmac.png

When I was 14 and in the cadets we were at an army camp and my squad was walking from one area to another when we stumbled across several unopened cans of beer lying in the grass next to the road. It's a camp where they train new recruits so I guess some of the squaddies who were probably not old enough to have alcohol with them left them there.

Anyway, we drank them between us. Fun times.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I found a tenner in the street on Friday :)

In Glasgow, we have on street bulk item pick-up and it is really funny to watch a pile of old furniture that someone has thrown out deplete during the day as people rifle through boxes and roll away sofas and chairs

they do that in the US too, but I've never seen anyone rob old furniture. If you want to though, why not? I mean, unless it has bugs in it. Or it stinks. I got rid of a vinyl record I got used cause it reeked of weed lol

At our dumps you can buy tons of stuff for really cheap. Its the stuff thats too nice to just dump.

Street weed....happened to my friends last year. :D

Oh by the way my GPS died and I got lost all over downtown yesterday. I need a charger man.