Unofficial Mills

The Lie In with Sara Cox

Viv

Sara Cox will be doing the lie-in and the Sunday Shuffle from next Sunday, March

1st 2009, and she's looking for people to participate in her Show!

There are 2 forms on her homepage: one for the lie-in (if you wish a shout out for a special occasion, or whatever), and the second form for the Shuffle, where you have to pick a song from 10 possibilities!!

I've filled in the Shuffle form, as I've always wanted to take part in this!!

www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/saracox/

(ps: my titles have, yet again, been subject to editing).

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I only heard the first 20 minutes, but thought it was odd the webcams were switched off. Was it that noticeable?

No because she uses pre-recorded callers. It was smoother than the other shows in the sense that the callers were used throughout but if it's pre-recorded it ends the fun spontaneity element of the show. It's more than likely it's just until she gets used to a new format. I can only hope so.

She wants to spend time with her family at the weekend is what I was told, and thats why it gets pre-recorded.

Which is what makes me think she'll be after a weekday slot or nothing come the reshuffle. Strange though, she was quite happy to ditch afternoons for weekends when Lóla was born. Public perception of Sara has changed in recent years though - she was a lot less popular in her breakfast and afternoons era in my opinion.

Which is what makes me think she'll be after a weekday slot or nothing come the reshuffle. Strange though, she was quite happy to ditch afternoons for weekends when Lola was born. Public perception of Sara has changed in recent years though - she was a lot less popular in her breakfast and afternoons era in my opinion.

haha love the icon popping up there!

She is better in small doses, small as in maybe 5 mins to me lol. Seems daft though having a Sunday show when you have no intentions of actually being there.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

God, I knew something was up ... and what happened to the 1030 news?

There was no news at all! I like Newsbeat and don't think it should be missed. In fact if it was up to me the 12:45 one would go out on Saturday's as well but that's for another topic.

I do hope in future it's not pre recorded. I like Sara, I like the Lie in, yet Coxy is better suited to a week day slot and The Lie in should be live. She is wasted in that slot.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Nah, looks like it'll be pre-recorded again this week. Fergus mentions he's prepping for the show today.

I can't help but feel they've just thought "shove her on there for a few months, at least we'll have some cover" and then plan to move her in September. Questions for everyone, do you think she should cover for Scott if he is off and do you think there will be news this week in Sara's show.

ChrisHewgill.jpg