Unofficial Mills

Do you have time for Scott's show?

Grace

Following on from another thread, and this is aimed at the old school members really, do you still listen regularly?

I wish I did, but I simply don't have the time any more. Balancing work and college is somewhat tricky, and to be honest I just don't have the energy to listen. I'm not particularly keen to sacrifice my A levels just to listen, sorry Scott!

At most I get to hear an hour or so a week, which is pretty lame, but I do try and get in the occasional podcast (which do actually work wonders for getting me to sleep).

It's pretty sad to think that I've moved on from the Mills fan stage of my life, but I'd never leave you guys. :)

Anyone else experiencing the same with a change in job, education or living situation?

I don't have as much time, no. But I usually manage to allocate myself time when I'm at home before an assignment once or twice a week. I've got a great way now of keeping up-to-date without getting the podcast by putting my recording on to my iPod. It means I get the music and show without missing anything that the podcast might not feature (and so it's ready for when I leave the house that morning).

It's difficult for me as not only is it important listening as a fan but obviously I need to listen to clip the good stuff out. But it becomes more a pleasure than a chore when there's lots going on and you feel the site is on the right side of the show and it's being talked about, like at the moment.

In short - a lot less time - but the work load isn't bad this year so I'm keeping on top of it.

I always listen to the show while ima at the stables mucking out and riding my horse. Which is why ima never on here while the show is on unfortuantely, I've only been a regular listener since October so I've never listened to stuff like the honesty game live before. Still waiting for my first mention though :D

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

You've got a horse! Wow. I'm scared of horses, but they're lovely to look at.

The times I listen to Scott at the mo' are mainly 4-5:30 p.m., then miss the rest. Once I get another Mp3 player, and learn how to download podcasts, it should be better.

Yeppy & she is very pretty!

I've stopped listening to the podcasts as I listen to the whole show again instead if I want to, but do subscribe as gotta keep the numbers up :)

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

I listen as often as I can. If I have work to do in the afternoon, I always try to make sure that I have the radio on in the background. Sometimes I can go a week without hearing the show, but I listen to the podcast every morning on the bus, so that I can catch up. I still adore it, I'm just oh so busy at the minute.

i don't listen as much as i did in 2005/6 (i joined in 2005), i heard every show back then, every week. the last thing i got into properly was beckycam, and that was for 2 days. but i started to lose interest when i stopped recording the show around autumn 2007. nowdays i catch most of him in the car, but i usually switch to galaxy or kiss when a record from the playlist i don't like comes on, usually some type of hippy track from some band. and then switch back when the adverts come on galaxy, so it's very broken and i can't get into it properly. becuase once i get out of the car into the house i do something else.

it's not that i don't like scott anymore, i think he's probably still the best on the station for daytime. it's just that i've fallen off the track.

i still think of scott doing all the old features like you've been busted, celebrity call & flirt divert, but of course things have moved on a lot since then. what dosen't help me either is the fact that the rest of the daytime output is lacklusture to me. apart from moyles (who i haven't listened to in ages) the other two dj's inbetween don't make me want to tune in, i would rather have a cd on instead. years ago i used to listen to mark & lard a lot, and in turn they would lead me on to listening to chris moyles who followed them at 3 in the afternoon. now you don't have that link between dj's to make you want to stop on.

as for unofficialmills, i still come here everyday. it's partly because it's a force of habbit, but there are some people who are still here from the older times that i come for. however most of my posts are in the general, private and bbc radio 1 sections nowdays. no offense to the new members but i find they've spawned off into a little club of their own now and it's hard to relate to them or get to know most of them. not listening to the show as often probably dosen't help, plus they can't remember things from the past with scott or this site that i like to discuss. also due to the amount this place has expanded it's now become harder to bring in characters (quincy) or fun things that we can all relate to (fun fun fun!!! threads), so things seem less interesting than before in some respects.

maybe someday i'll push myself back into the routine of listening to scott, i'm sure if/once i do then i would enjoy the show. because he sounds as good as he ever was.

on the grid.

im the same as DC to be honest i feel i have fallen out of the loop...

i work weekdays so i generally listen to scott in work ah the power of internet streaming on my phone im spreading the word in dublin..

i always make appeareances here but im not here as often as i like

the site is good as ever tho

Go on Add me to facebook or bebo you know you want to!

No I haven't listened to a full show for quite a long time now but I was never truly a regular listener or dedicated geek anyway.

there are some people who are still here from the older times that i come for.

Dirty boy :P

I do at the moment, yes. This is just because my assessments are "summative assessments", which means they have to be done in the last two weeks of term (it's no fun, about six 2,000 words assignments in two weeks? No thanks.). I'll be beginning to plan them soon, so I'll still be here but not as much. I guess I have to tune in really, studying radio and all...:P

I do have to admit I'm not as much as a "geek" as I used to be, but as you said, Grace, I couldn't ever leave the forum.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.