Unofficial Mills

Exams

squiggle

January is exam season for most if not all A level students and I think Uni students too. GCSE pupils maybe doing their mocks aswell. Anyone feeling the pressure? Realising you should've revised more? I for one have done the common habbit of not revising at all until the last minute, and will probably once again get screwed all over (Y). Release your exam woes here.

Hmmmmm, I do believe there's already an exams thread floating around the archives somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it out.

As for me I had all mine before Xmas so I don't have any at the mo.

Edit: Found the old exam thread - http://www.unofficialmills.co.uk/communities/showthread.php?t=7354

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

Our mock GCSE's were before christmas and they were good overall. I certainly didn't expect to get the highest mark over the year in Geography ;).

This week we have Science modules which are fairly tricky and tomorrow we have what has to be called the most pointless exam ever. In citizenship they make you all sit down in the hall to write up your coursework in neat, what's wrong with doing it at home, especially when most people do it on the computer and have to sit there for an hour.

I've got a thrilling 2 and a half hour English lit paper tomorrow. It's the only subject at my school which is doing January AS modules. For some reason, the department decided to make us do the WHOLE exam course in 1 term and sit the complete AS level exam now, so we've squished a year's syllabus into 1 term, with the benefit of having 2 whole terms to do 1(!) bit of coursework... It's barmy!

The poster formerly known as Robbo

I'm currently doing AS Level and am lucky in that all 4 of my courses recently changed so that there are no January exams. This time last year I'd have had 4, now I only have 1 (General Studies).

There is a rumor going around our school that we have a general studies exam soon but it's never actually been confirmed.

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

I'm sure you did better than you think, some of my best results have been from exams that I was convinced I'd failed. And it's only a mock so even if you do fail it's not the end of the world, mocks tend to be just that little bit harder than the real thing to keep you on your toes.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

You're good at Politics though aren't you...? Or am I thinking of a completely different subject? Nevertheless I'm sure you'll be fine :)

I used to be, I'm generally quite good during lessons, it's just this is the first proper exam I will have done in it (I did law at GCSE so wasn't worried about that too much), so I'm not too used to the writing style etc. That and I'm not quite sure how much I need to revise.

It was okay. Could have been better, could have been worse. I mentioned the RSPB about seven times.

In Politics? Glad it went alright though, I'm sure you'll be fine. We got shown past Politics papers today; uni exams really aren't what I thought they'd be.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing...? Some are better than others I find.

Oooh it's a good thing; a really good thing. 20% of the total mark is made up of us having to write down what ten abbreviations (such as DEFRA, etc) stand for, then 40% is for defining five political themed things (like pressure groups, for example), and then the final 40% is related to the section I've just described.

Not at all bad when I was expecting a GCSE History type layout! Not that GCSEs and degrees are the same, but I'm sure you get what I mean :)

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.