Unofficial Mills

2008 Review

Bumble_85

Here we go then...

Worst thing: All the rubbish with my best friend being a retard recently

Best thing: Graduating uni with a 2.1 (how?!) and meeting Danny and Dougie from McFly with one of my best friends.

Best film: Batman or Sweeney Todd

Song(s) that'll remind me of 2008: KOL - Use Somebody, Rihanna - Disturbia

I'm sure someone else will come up with some more categories... Go! I's bored and nosy...

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

Ok...

Worst thing: The first half of the year.

Best thing: The second half of the year.

Or, more specifically, the worst thing is the crap with the idiots I used to live with.

Best thing: my new housemates and the great bunch of friends I've got now, some of whom I didn't know existed a year ago.

Best film: Juno

Songs: MGMT - Time To Pretend & Kids, Kings of Leon - Sex On Fire.

I can't think of any more categories right now.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Worst thing: Screwing everything up with my best friend, and knowing it's unlikely I'll ever see him again

Best thing: Finding someone who lives miles and miles away who I really can trust as a friend, and who I want to know for a very long time.

Best Film: Err... That big monster one from earlier this year... Damn memory :P

Thats all I'm doing xD

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

Worst thing: being on meds most of the year, trying out various prescriptions, some worse than others. Oh, and losing a friend from another Site.

Best thing: Bringing myself off the meds -woo. Getting good at running.

Best film: Lakeview Terrace.

Song(s) to remind me of 2008: Rhianna's Please don't stop the music - when this was very much on the playlist, I had just started to really get into running, was up the countryside, and a van wound up on its side in a ditch trying to avoid me - this song was playing at the time lol

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Worst thing: All the uni-related problems I've had over the past 3 months after moving to Strasbourg, my bitch of an ex-housemate making mine and my other housemate's lives hell for a good 5/6 months

Best thing: Doing better than I thought in some of my second-year exams, making lots of new friends at the Birmingham Filmsoc and meeting a certain someone in particular who I still talk to on a regular basis despite being several hundred miles away from them

Best film: Juno

Song(s) that'll remind me of 2008: MGMT - Time To Pretend

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

Guest CancerForTheCure

Worst thing: My parents splitting up.

Best thing: Moving out with my boyfriend.

Best film: Sex and the City.

Song(s) that will remind me of 2008: Keane - Spiralling. I was quite into it when I was moving away to uni and it was a very emotional period in my life so I guess that's the main one I will associate it with.

Best gig: Pendulum.

Best event/memory: Reading Festival

Best book I read in 2008: Probably 'The Time Traveller's Wife'. Or 'The Life of Pi' Or 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull' What's certain is that it's definitely not one of the law ones ;)

Biggest regret: Not applying to Cambridge. Even though that was towards the end of 2007, it's much more relevant to 2008. (for the pedantic ones on here we can change it into not re-applying :))

Worst gig: CSS

I'll think of some more.

Ok, continuing using the categories Paula added:

Best gig: Radiohead

Best event/memory: Barbeque back in June, with a big group of friends in the sunshine, playing football and louging around in friend's garden. And the end of exams night out at the end of May, with just 6 of us left at the end, singing along to Take That drunkenly.

Best book I read: probably The Gum Thief by Douglas Coupland.

Biggest regret: Not moving out sooner than I did from the hell house full of psychos.

Worst gig: The View. A complete shambles.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Best gig: The Holloways on my birthday with my best friend. I don't think I've ever been so happy. Or McFly 2 days later. In fact that whole week was pretty damn good.

Best memory: Meeting Danny and Dougie from McFly. Hee.

Best book: Tess of the D'Urbervilles

I don't think I went to a bad gig all year :S

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

Worst thing: I've thought really hard and I can honestly say the worst tihng of '08 is having another x factor christmas number 1. It's been a really good year :)

Best thing: Going agaisnt what abosolutly everyone told me to do and choosing the sixth form I did. Even though I went in with no knowledge of that school and with no people from my secondary school it is without a doubt one of the best things I have ever done- I have twise as many friends as I would have done if I'd gone to the same college as my friends. Aside form that, discovering a charming little site called unofficial mills, setting my heart on becomming a presenter, meeting certain people which have changed me completly, picking up a guitar and, finally, something that will stay with me forever- "A horse for one bin!"

Best film: Eagle eye was rather good

Song(s) that'll remind me of 2008: Futureheads- radio heart. The first song I heard on Colin Murry's show (I think it was Colin) that set off a need inside me to be up to date with the latest music.

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

Worst thing: getting into a bit of a rut.

Best thing: loving my job, new friends, rekindled friendships :)

Best film: the dark knight

Song(s) that will remind me of 2008: anything by The Knife, Rihanna, Kings of Leon and Jumpin Jack Flash by the stones

Best gig: The Cribs was amazing, Circa Survive too. oh and Mark Ronson

Best event/memory: partying with the boosh, meeting greg james, the cribs & my birthday.

Best book I read in 2008:alex james- bit of a blur, russell brand's booky wook, rules of attraction, the boosh book was pretty good too.

Worst gig: MGMT

Worst thing: There wasn't really one.

Best thing: Leeds Festival.

Best film: This year? "Sex And The City." Hands down.

Song(s) that will remind me of 2008: "A Design For Life" as I lost my voice singing it at Leeds!

Best gig: Manics or Blood Red Shoes.

Best event/memory: Ooh Leeds Festival.

Best book I read in 2008: Shamefully, I only read one book this year, so that would be "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" by Lynne Truss.

Worst gig: Mindless Self Indulgence. Ew, ew, and eww again.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.