Unofficial Mills

Hallelujah hits #1 and #2

Jono

Alexandra Burke and Jeff Buckley have hit Number 1 and Number 2 in the chart respectively. Leonard Cohen's version charted at Number 36.

1. Alexandra Burke - Hallelujah

2. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

3. Leona Lewis - Run

4. Beyonce - If I Were A Boy

5. Geraldine - Once Upon A Christmas Song

6. James Morrisson/Nelly Furtado - Broken Strings

7. Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody

8. Beyonce - Listen

9. Take That - Greatest Day

10. Britney Spears - Womanizer

It was announced first by Fearne and Reggie on the Radio 1 Chart Show.

I have nothing against Alex, I think she's great and look forward to buying her records, but I'd have liked someone else to be Number 1. X Factor has taken all the fun out of X Mas Number one. Having said that I love X Factor, just wish it ended a few weeks earlier so we get an X Mas Number 1 again.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

this should be the last year this happens :(

Moyles needs to shut up about x-factor next year, he is always going on about proper music & how much crap there is & yet he gives it his full support & backing, he should tell his pal Louie to "shove off" the next time he wants to come on the show to promote some of his crap music !

*rant over, i do apologize *

:)

this should be the last year this happens :(

Moyles needs to shut up about x-factor next year, he is always going on about proper music & how much crap there is & yet he gives it his full support & backing, he should tell his pal Louie to "shove off" the next time he wants to come on the show to promote some of his crap music !

*rant over, i do apologize *

So just because it stops the number one becoming a battle we should not be allowed to like X Factor, Moyles shouldn't be allowed to talk about it or be freinds with Louis Walsh? I don't like the fact it ruins it but I just think they should move the show back a month.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

But after a while we forget who was in these shows anyway. The crap ones disappear and the famous ones go on to establish their names without having 'X Factor' all over them - for example Popstars' Girls Aloud and X Factor's Leona Lewis. I don't see why they should stop releasing records. If The X Factor doesn't get it one of these will, and it'll be just as bland.

Look at who would have been #1 if not - Beyonce. And I think that's even more depressing, especially considering the song...

But after a while we forget who was in these shows anyway. The crap ones disappear and the famous ones go on to establish their names without having 'X Factor' all over them - for example Popstars' Girls Aloud and X Factor's Leona Lewis. I don't see why they should stop releasing records. If The X Factor doesn't get it one of these will, and it'll be just as bland.

Look at who would have been #1 if not - Beyonce. And I think that's even more depressing, especially considering the song...

True but I'd have at least liked the fact there was a competition. Don't get me wrong I love X Factor and think Alex is great. I think she could be as big as Leona.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

So has anyone here purchased any of the Top 5? I'm guilty of buying all of the Top 3 - firstly because I didn't want to slag off something I'd not heard, and also because my mum wanted them. I also downloaded Peter Kay's single.

I have nothing against Alex, I think she's great and look forward to buying her records, but I'd have liked someone else to be Number 1. X Factor has taken all the fun out of X Mas Number one. Having said that I love X Factor, just wish it ended a few weeks earlier so we get an X Mas Number 1 again.

I agree with this. **sick of Simon Cowell**

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

the only reason I'd have bought peter kay's song was to burn it. I bought the JB version of hallelujah, purely because I think alexandra off of x factor is irritating and her song is very shrieky.

Heres 1 for those who like a challenge (although it may have already been answered)...

Have 2 versions of the same song ever both charted in the top 2 at the same time before? or did we experience a pretty unique event last weekend?

Not impressed with censorship

anyone else favour the kd lang version of hallelujah?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_NpxTWbovE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_NpxTWbovE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>