Unofficial Mills

The Chris Moyles Show is changing!

welovemoyles

Back with a rather subdued return. The jingles aren't as in your face as I expected but it's good to have a change. I'm not sure how long the Cheggers joke will last though. It's difficult ensuring he's not like Roy Walker in style but maybe the jokes of this feature are missed that way. The callers element will also be the best part though and that's still there :)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back with a rather subdued return. The jingles aren't as in your face as I expected but it's good to have a change. I'm not sure how long the Cheggers joke will last though. It's difficult ensuring he's not like Roy Walker in style but maybe the jokes of this feature are missed that way.The callers element will also be the best part though and that's still there :)

It might just be me but i think Roy's stuff was funnier. But watchin Chris press the buttons for cheggers kind of spoils the joke a little

james_ryder.png

So far im liking the quiz, its not as focused on Cheggers too much which is good. With Roy he had clips for everything......

They probably haven't done enough recording sessions yet.

It sounded a bit messy but I think you can expect that with any quiz. It's whether things will develop in the next few weeks that will prove whether it will be a successful feature.

Not so impressed they've finished it before 10am though. You'd have thought they'd go up to the pips as with Carpark Catchphrase.

Guest inxces4308

Not so impressed they've finished it before 10am though. You'd have thought they'd go up to the pips as with Carpark Catchphrase.

Probably guarantee they have been told to play more music....

Like they have got Sara on the webcam thingy too, shame its not the same quality.

Like they have got Sara on the webcam thingy too, shame its not the same quality.

Looks like they were filming the CCTV style system they have already where the presenter can see Newsbeat and the other studios.

Just need to add I'm so glad Chris is back. Even better I have a bedside clock radio to tune in instantly.

Just need to add I'm so glad Chris is back. Even better I have a bedside clock radio to tune in instantly.

Didn't I see a post somewhere where Aled had said new people would be joining the show in the New Year? So where are they then?

Ah!

The term was something like, "there are other ways of getting some fresh voices on the show without pushing people off the team" and it was a reference to the new emphasis on callers. It's only in its infancy - we're still finding our feet with the callers but it'll develop. We're throwing around a term "Chris Moyles Show ambassadors" behind the scenes, and we think opening the phone lines and finding new characters in our listeners might provide them.

At the moment the callers sounds like any other show that has callers on, but there's a couple of differences. The way they're selected are different to other shows, Chris has no knowledge of who they are or why they're calling so it introduces an element of riskyness - something which the team work so well with, it also means they're not produced in any way - that stops the callers sounding samey. This is something that most other radio stations do - by doing it our way we're hoping it will provide more surprise callers.

I must admit to be disappointed with Moyles return. His show is sounding to much like a commercial breakfast show, there are to many people involved on the air, they need to go back to just a few people on air with just Chris, Dave and Dom with a little input from the producer (Rachel) .

The new pop quiz at the end of the show is boring. The interview he done with Davina last week made me actually switch off as he was drawling all over her (I know he has done this in his interviews for years but this interview just made me feel un easy listening to it)

"Just one more game, I promise"

I must admit to be disappointed with Moyles return. His show is sounding to much like a commercial breakfast show, there are to many people involved on the air, they need to go back to just a few people on air with just Chris, Dave and Dom with a little input from the producer (Rachel) .

The new pop quiz at the end of the show is boring. The interview he done with Davina last week made me actually switch off as he was drawling all over her (I know he has done this in his interviews for years but this interview just made me feel un easy listening to it)

I like hearing Aled too though. Deffo not fond of the pop quiz at the end, it sounds like he's trying to be Roy and failing so badly. Not a massive fan of Cheggers though either. But i'l give it a few more listens before I start turning it off earlier

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

Sounds a bit off to say but the changes all seem a little superficial, not that much has REally changed, it feels pretty much the same format.

Glad no one has gone tho.

I have to agree. I was hoping for a few new beds and a few new features. Instead we have one new bed (excluding the one's for Tedious Link etc) and one new feature, which is no where near as good as CPC and not particularly imaginitive. Having said that I'm happy with the format and really enjoying the show, especially this morning.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

I know most of you don't like the new quiz as much as Car Park - but it's better to rest Catchphrase for a bit than have it become tired and needing to be permanently ditched - it is very much a different game - bit similarities, but the differences make it a good 'replacement' for Car Park Catchphrase.

I know most of you don't like the new quiz as much as Car Park - but it's better to rest Catchphrase for a bit than have it become tired and needing to be permanently ditched - it is very much a different game - bit similarities, but the differences make it a good 'replacement' for Car Park Catchphrase.

Oh I don't doubt that at all and CPC is a hard one to top. Might have come across as moaning earlier, I'm not I just don't notice loads of changes which I'm not too fussed about.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Guest inxces4308

I doubt anybody agrees with me but im actually enjoying the new Quiz. I think it fits the show well and for any new listeners it would be an easy listen. When i first heard CPC it took me weeks to figure what was actually going on.......

I think they need something at 8/8.15 each day.....not sure about bringing back Celebrity Tarzan perhaps? I've never really heard it that much.

I'm happy in general with the Show once more!! All the old energy and fun is all back after that Xmas break! Moyles was on a bit of rant this morning though! I know what he means about people being too scared to speak these days, but such is the current climate unfortunately.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

What made me laugh is how I laughed off when he said "you'll be singing it when you're walking one day... and you'll be like 'Cheggers pop quiz...' and be like 'what the hell am I singing this for'". I actually did that within two days :|