The Chris Moyles Show is changing!

welovemoyles

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't be surprised if Aled goes on to present the Surgery full time. That will be when the three months will be up for Kelly Osbourne. The consultation will be complete too.

Carrie hasn't always proved popular with all fans either - she may do a Jules and move on to 5Live. I guess there are points where she doesn't quite match the quality of Dom and Dave, but she's still a pleasant team member.

I hope it doesn't start at 6. Too early for me, Greg might as well not bother! It will be interesting to see, I'm still loving the show but the RAJAR's suggest a revamp is needed. I think the not so brand new cheesy song needs either scrapping or revamping for sure. I'm getting bored of that now.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Guest CancerForTheCure
I wouldn't be surprised if Aled goes on to present the Surgery full time. That will be when the three months will be up for Kelly Osbourne. The consultation will be complete too.

Carrie hasn't always proved popular with all fans either - she may do a Jules and move on to 5Live. I guess there are points where she doesn't quite match the quality of Dom and Dave, but she's still a pleasant team member.

I was thinking that. There is no way they will keep Kelly Osbourne after Aled's performance. He is not just much nicer, more committed, more popular and better suited but he is just... better. It's alright when you're used to Kelly's style but when they raise the standard just to drop it again they are going to lose a lot of listeners.

Regarding Carrie, she is lovely but she doesn't really go with the format of the show. I wouldn't want her to be replaced (I can't remember the name of the sports reader who replaced her when she was on her honeymoon but she was just awful) but I do agree she will probably go.

I really don't want the show to start at 6 and I don't think it will. Not many people listen between 6-7 and the beginning of the show is usually the best. Chris normally loses it around 9 which means it would happen even earlier if the start of the show was at 6 - surely they don't want that to happen at the time when everyone is listening just before work. Also, Greg is proving more and more popular so they'd probably have to promote him if that was the case. Personally, I usually get up around 6.30 and I really liked listening to Greg just before Chris - I was gutted when they changed it but I still manage to catch a bit of Greg occasionally. If that changes, I am going to get angry :D

I am definitely looking forward to some changes though, the show needs to be refreshed.

I really wouldn't want it to start at 6, that wouldn't be fair on Greg and not many people listen then so it would be a bad idea if they decided to shift the breakfast slot.

As regards to arrivals and departures, it's most likely going to be Aled leaving to do the Surgery full time, which will be sad but at least he wouldn't be leaving the station :). It'll be interesting what new faces might show up on the show, I agree that the show needs refreshing because it's like certain things are a bit familiar and there needs to be a some new interest in it.

kyliewilson.png

Guest inxces4308

I dont think anyone will leave the show but i think we may just hear less from certain people.....I think the main thing that will change is the jingles, etc...perhaps a whole new set.

It'd annoy me if they started at 6 because i turn the radio on at 6.30 at the moment and dont have to get up till gone 8.....I would be surprised if they did start earlier because most of there material would be gone within the first hour.

They could change it back to 7 though?

To Paula: The stand-in for Carrie was was called Allison Mitchell.

I can't see Carrie being made to leave because she doesn't fit with the team during general links. After all her job description is to read the sport and not to chat.

I think the show definitely needs freshening up however I think not much will take place because the other day Chris was talking about how much effort it will take for him to change the Cheesy songs and they don't really want to do it. Does that mean they cant be bothered to radically change other aspects of the show?

They could change it back to 7 though?

I doubt it. 6.30 is supposed to really pull in the ratings. JK and Joel used to do all their major competitions then. It's bizarre we've not really seen the ratings rise since Moyles took on the extension.

I can't see Carrie being made to leave because she doesn't fit with the team during general links. After all her job description is to read the sport and not to chat.

Didn't say that. People end up with better promotions though.

She's got quite a reputable role on BBC TV too from what I've witnessed.

Yes definitely. She seems to be the first choice reporter for women's games. But I still get the feeling she'd like to be regarded as a more serious journalist and wouldn't turn down a Five Live job. I could be completely wrong of course just a hinch really.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

New arrivals: good! That's just one of things that is so badly needed right now - some fresh energy and ideas.

Departures: Well, Carrie can go any day. I appreciate she's not there to chit-chat, but she does tend to but in awkwardly, and sounds so badly out of place. Awful. And Rachel needs to lighten up.

Also: I've said this before, but 1. less poo/toilet discussions, please. It's extremely juvenile, and not remotely funny, or anything else.

2. Learn when to bring a conversation to a close a lot sooner. Scott does this well - he'll only ever discuss something for so long, then announce he's bored, and moves on to something else. Moyles could take a leaf out of his book - a joke and/or a piece of gossip is only entertaining for about 5 minutes. After about half an hour, it only serves to make a listener switch off altogether. I'm always constantly surprised that Moyles, despite his vast experience on radio, has yet to learn this.

3. Learn to respect your listeners - telling listeners you don't care if they go off and listen to others is just not on. And, at the moment, that's precisely what they are doing.

I was reading yesterday evening an article by Ulrika Johnsson, in which she says that when she first did TV, her producer used to say to her that if you ignore/don't appreciate what your audience want, you do so at your peril. That's why the listeners are leaving Moyles.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

New arrivals: good! That's just one of things that is so badly needed right now - some fresh energy and ideas.

Departures: Well, Carrie can go any day. I appreciate she's not there to chit-chat, but she does tend to but in awkwardly, and sounds so badly out of place. Awful. And Rachel needs to lighten up.

Also: I've said this before, but 1. less poo/toilet discussions, please. It's extremely juvenile, and not remotely funny, or anything else.

2. Learn when to bring a conversation to a close a lot sooner. Scott does this well - he'll only ever discuss something for so long, then announce he's bored, and moves on to something else. Moyles could take a leaf out of his book - a joke and/or a piece of gossip is only entertaining for about 5 minutes. After about half an hour, it only serves to make a listener switch off altogether. I'm always constantly surprised that Moyles, despite his vast experience on radio, has yet to learn this.

3. Learn to respect your listeners - telling listeners you don't care if they go off and listen to others is just not on. And, at the moment, that's precisely what they are doing.

I was reading yesterday evening an article by Ulrika Johnsson, in which she says that when she first did TV, her producer used to say to her that if you ignore/don't appreciate what your audience want, you do so at your peril. That's why the listeners are leaving Moyles.

You've made very good points there. Especially point 2.

I think Carrie and/or Aled going looks likley although Rachel could go too.

Mabey if Aled does go to do the surgery full time he could stay on only to do the roving reporter (or whatever) thing he does occasionally, you know, give out free t-shirts and stuff?

I do think though that if Carrie or Rachel go they should be replaced with a female other wise the show risks being too laddy and male centeric. Some could argue that it already is!!

You've made very good points there. Especially point 2.

I think Carrie and/or Aled going looks likley although Rachel could go too.

Mabey if Aled does go to do the surgery full time he could stay on only to do the roving reporter (or whatever) thing he does occasionally, you know, give out free t-shirts and stuff?

I do think though that if Carrie or Rachel go they should be replaced with a female other wise the show risks being too laddy and male centeric. Some could argue that it already is!!

Cant see aled or rachel going as they the producers but Carrie is a strong possibilty but only time will tell

james_ryder.png

Cant see aled or rachel going as they the producers but Carrie is a strong possibilty but only time will tell

maybe aled & rachel will be the ones to go because they are the producers & the top brass think that a changed is needed, with listener ratings going down & Moyles being grouped with the likes of Ross & Clarkson as overpaid & rude presenters.

i think that if kelly quits & aled takes over he will leave moyles & produce a show that is not as involving as the breakfast show.

:)

maybe aled & rachel will be the ones to go because they are the producers & the top brass think that a changed is needed, with listener ratings going down & Moyles being grouped with the likes of Ross & Clarkson as overpaid & rude presenters.

i think that if kelly quits & aled takes over he will leave moyles & produce a show that is not as involving as the breakfast show.

Aled would only be presenting the surgery not producing. So in theory it woul;d be a step backwards

james_ryder.png

Untrue. The problem doesn't like in a joke or a piece of gossip being entertaining for 5 minutes. The problem lies in Moyles not being able to draw it out slowly to get as much comedy value out of it as possible. I know why he tries to do it - guys like Howard Stern can take one segment and talk about it for a good half hour without break, and it gets funnier and funnier. I don't think anyone on the Moyles show is good, in the style of Artie Lange or Howard, at being able to tell an amazing story in such a compelling way, or try to extract as many factors as possible to make one segment last as long as possible.

On the times that it does click though, it can be hurt by show restriction - a potentially great segment is cut short by music policy or peaking too soon, and it can ruin the flow sometimes.

The show doesn't need to be pushed up to four hours, at least don't have it begin at 6 AM. Greg hardly has enough to go through his show, why give him less time? I guess for the most part, all the DJs will be going on about their shows getting shorter, so how about cutting out one of the double Entertainment News (preferably the one at the end of Jo's show). That way Chris can get more time (if it happens) and Jo can have that extra time for her show.

Aled would only be presenting the surgery not producing. So in theory it woul;d be a step backwards

I guess that depends on what Aled's aspirations are- he has done quite a bit of on camera television work, if he is looking to move into television then having his own show would be an excellent way to raise his profile, rather than being a bit player in the Chris Moyles Show.

caitlynmac.png

I'm finding the Dom entertaining too!

Also, the Kilimingaro stuff!! He goes on and on about knowing nothing about the mountain. Someone should tell him about the site "google" where he can just type the name in, and find out all kinds of stuff.

Anyhow, I am now officially detoxing from the Moyles' show - one week, no listening at all. :-)

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0