Unofficial Mills

Greg's on The Surgery tonight

Jessica Lares

I don't think people should be so negative about it. If she has a condition, it doesn't mean that she shouldn't be allowed to not do her job (look at that guy from the Mystery Jets!). I agree that she's out most of the time, but I bet it would be different if she had a daytime slot, it's just more noticeable because she's only on once a week. Radio 1 probably knew this from the start.

I don't think people should be so negative about it. If she has a condition, it doesn't mean that she shouldn't be allowed to not do her job (look at that guy from the Mystery Jets!). I agree that she's out most of the time, but I bet it would be different if she had a daytime slot, it's just more noticeable because she's only on once a week. Radio 1 probably knew this from the start.

*Nati has a seizure over usage of double negatives. ;)

What exactly is Kelly's condition? Why should she be allowed special dispensation?

Your post is somewhat contradictory. How would a daily daytime slot be any better for Kelly seeing as she can't even manage to turn up on a regular basis for a few hours on a Sunday evening?

I find it hard to believe that Radio 1 would have given her a contract if they had 'known from the start' that she was going to be off (often last minute) so often.

I'm not being negative, simply realistic. I suppose what I'm saying is that if you don't feel up to taking on a job, maybe you ought to give others who are up to it the chance to do it. Particularly when it involves giving much needed advice to distressed individuals.

Thanks for the tip off that Greg is filling in tonight though Jessica. I'll try and have a listen.:)

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

*Nati has a seizure over usage of double negatives. ;)

What exactly is Kelly's condition? Why should she be allowed special dispensation?

Your post is somewhat contradictory. How would a daily daytime slot be any better for Kelly seeing as she can't even manage to turn up on a regular basis for a few hours on a Sunday evening?

I find it hard to believe that Radio 1 would have given her a contract if they had 'known from the start' that she was going to be off (often last minute) so often.

I know she has a thyroid problem, and she's been through a lot of mess with drugs (particularly painkillers). So her immune system must be really poorly (my opinion at least, I'm always told that people who are affect by that kind of thing tend to not be able to heal as fast as people who don't). There's also another thing, but I don't remember, I just remember seeing it.

A daytime slot would be different because if she just took one day off every two weeks, it would be completely different. People wouldn't care as much. It's just because she's on only on Sundays that people notice it.

And I guess you're right about Radio 1 maybe not giving her the job. This isn't the only time she's done this though, she's cancelled tours before because of her health. But you know what, they probably would have fired her already.

Does this mean Greg will be doing the Surgery from 10-12 (At least, I think that's when it's on) and still have to do his Early morning slot at 4:00, or will someone be covering for him on Early Breakfast?

He said he'll be on Early Breakfast tomorrow, poor guy. There was a health scare going on there.

Jono, aren't the 1xtra studios directly next to the main Radio 1 studios and Live Lounge? just saying cos alot of the time whoevers on Radio1 tells someone to go tell 1Xtra to turn down the speakers a bit :P

They were beacuse 1xtra breakfast was broadcast right next door to Greg/Jo/Sarahs studio. BUT they have had new studios done I think, unless it was a revamp of the existing

james_ryder.png