Unofficial Mills

What rocks in your life?

Kitai

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Things are slowly improving. I have finally been sleeping without the help of Diazepam and the anxiety has been less bad for it.

2. No lectures till Tuesday now. I am hoping I'll get some dissertation done. I did manage to get some done yesterday which is great.

3. I went to a seminar today having not read any of the stuff for it and the lecturer didn't mind. It was actually not bad in the end.

4. I saw Reel Big Fish earlier tonight, they are great fun live.

5. I went out last night with a bunch of friends to a free event but then we got bored and went to our usual Wednesday night club, didn't get there till after midnight. It's a good thing we were late there because we narrowly avoided meeting Stalker Boy and my other ex-housemate. I've managed to not see them since last June. I feel like I've moved on enough that I hopefully wouldn't fall to pieces if I did see them, especially with the great friends I have now around me. We did see another of their current housemates who is actually on my course who was very much worse for wear but he's alright and some physics students with some very interesting dancing going on. It wasn't a bad night but didn't feel like another club night tonight.

6. My housemate bought Mario Kart for the Wii, and he's gone home but left it here. Might not be a very productive weekend after all!

So yeah. I feel that I am taking steps forward, wobbly steps, but I'm moving towards a better place than I was in.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I saw my Mum and we talked for England.

I saw Little Naomi.

I'm going home in two weeks.

Ben and Nano seem to have actually paid attention when we talked to them.

My KOL poster arrived \o/

But what most amused me today was Nano trying to say that Mum didn't want Ben to move out and me interrupting and saying she did then realising that he didn't actually know but what the hey.

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

Guest CancerForTheCure

I went for a jog today for the first time in 3 months. I think I made a mistake though - I was determined to do the same distance I used to do when I was pretty fit. I managed to do it but I was pretty much dead by the end of it. Not to mention the fact that I am still ill and I was slightly hungover and dizzy. But overall I felt great after that jog and I'll try to do it as much as I can. It's not as good as cycling which I miss way too much but it will do for now, until I get to use my hybrid again :)

took me ages but i've finally found some good software for dvd editing. it was right under my nose, nero vision. after all the searching i did for software that splits chapters that was the one! the first thing i edited and finalised however was my mums old jane fonda workout tape from 1986, what she's been bugging me to convert to dvd for ages... i know... it's even starting to wear out. you ought to hear the awful music and the outfits too! makes me really glad i just about missed the 80's.

0.jpg

now i know where madonna's been getting her ideas from, 23 years too late.

on the grid.

The Killers. They were really good. Brandon has great stage prescence and the lights and screens were really cool and used awesome effects. I am easily impressed but they were pretty awesome. The songs which didn't sound amazing on the CD sound really good live, even the quite mediocre sounding ones from Day and Age. They opened on Human and closed on When You Were Young, with Mr Brightside mid-set, which was a bit surprising because I thought they'd save that one till the end.

Then afterwards we went to our usual Tuesday night clubnight, where they let me in for free because I'm female and have ginger hair (seriously, that's a rule). I wasn't drinking because I've been ill but amazingly all my friends made it to the end of the night, although my housemate nearly threw up in the gig because he ate too much pizza washed down with too much beer, silly boy. The pizza's meant for 3. It was a pretty good night all in all.

I've got Snow Patrol to come next Thursday. I've wanted to see them for years. The dissertation is a slight dampener on all this stuff and is unfortunately slightly hindering my social life. Oh and I'm generally feeling better. The IBS is still playing up more than it normally does but I'm feeling ok otherwise.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

My radio programme assignment got played out today in class for marking. My teacher said he enjoyed it, that I've got potential and my voice sounds lovely through the speakers, so all's looking good! The mark range is from 68-72 for the first four of us, so I've done alright!

The radio station will be up and running in September. Sorry for the long wait guys!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.