Football Season 2008/09

popbitcher

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

newcastle don't have luck, it just dosen't happen. so when we held scotland in old truffle to a 1-1 draw yesterday i was quite suprised. i just wonder what could of happened with viduka and owen fit, although i was well impressed with guthrie, coloccini, and gutierrez especially. deco's goal was sublime against pompey as well.

on the grid.

Oh crap.

Football Italiano has been scrapped by the boys and girls on Channel 5.

You know what that means, don't you?? Oh yes. No Chappers on the old television there. How annoying. The one legitimate reason I had for finally forking out for a television licence and it's not happening.

I am going to go and sulk.:x Le hmph. So irritating I had to say it in French.

Maybe Chappers could come and present Football Italiano over at my place, I could record it on my phone and then we could broadcast it via YouTube... It'd work!!! .... Possibly....

Give us the motivation, we can cause a sensation!

Hey I'm all for the furtherance of the appreciation of Italian football in Britain, having watched Gazzetta Football Italia since it's inception in 1992!! I have no ulterior motives. I just understand and appreciate the fact that some people get geeky over football shirts and don't like the idea of defenders wearing number 10 shirts...

...........Okay you've got me, I'm shallow and pathetic....

I can't commit to an actual obsession though, maybe if I could have Thursdays through to Mondays off?? That means I only have to swoon madly on a Tuesday and Wednesday, that's not remotely obsessive, and if I get my days mixed up (likely) it might end up only being one day a week!!!!

Give us the motivation, we can cause a sensation!

for anyone who dosen't know, the england game is on setanta sports 1 tonight live. and the highlights are on itv 1 around half 10 i think. so that means we have no motty or martin tyler on commentry, gutted. so we get some loon on setanta now going "i think rooney has scored! actually it looks like steven gerrard but i'll just say it's rooney even though he got subbed off 10 mins ago!!11", great. i just hope clive tyldesley is doing the itv highlights to make some sort of menz.

on the grid.

michael owen = amazing, he is the difference between us playing in europe next season or not, if he stays fit... if the new signings work all season as well it would help, so far so good.

You should thank Liverpool for any success you get then :P

The poster formerly known as Robbo

brilliant, owen scoring again even when he's not fully fit. and why james milner isn't picked for the england side i don't know, his workrate was outstanding. not saying he should get onto the left above joe cole but he's miles better than stuart f*cking downing. both footed too.

and wolves, oh dear.

on the grid.

he won't. why go to villa who will end up losing their best players like barry, agbonlahor, ashley young etc when they mature a bit more (well not so much barry). i think he will stop becuase we need him, keep him until the transfer window closes and show him that he is a part of the side. plus villa are as stupid as west ham if they think they are going to break into the top 4.

on the grid.

wright phillips is good for cutting inside from the right and joining in with the other two strikers. the problem is that his accuracy is off when he crosses, he usually shoots it over the line and out for a goal kick. then i guess that corrupted thai prime minister bloke will fork out the money if it gets unfrozen for him, and least mark hughes will give him more games.

great. all we needed against croatia:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7585279.stm

so if he's out, i'd test this line up against andorra (who we SHOULD? beat)

owen (cf)

heskey (ss)

lampard (amf)

rooney (lmf) beckham (rmf)

barry (dmf)

ashley cole (lfb) richards (rfb)

ferdinand (cb) terry (cb)

the only reson heskey would be there is becuase he works very well with michael owen. rooney has to have a place so i would stick him on the left like united do sometimes, with a warrant to cut inside when we are attacking and ashley cole could push up to give us some width. if heskey plays crap or it's around 60 mins into the game, i think rooney should be put back into the secondary striker role and joe cole bought on. with bently on for beckham the same time. whatever works best we have to use against croatia, barry as a sweeping defensive midfeilder infront of the back four is crucial against them.

on the grid.

To be honest, I wouldn't play Beckham, and get either Bentley or Cole there. I'd also get Ashley Young in on the left, and maybe Ashton or Agbonglahor up front.

On another note... Standard Liege are a really good team! I was there last night and, despite not being great (far from it), Liverpool dominated the game, even if the press are saying otherwise!.. Hope Liverpool start playing properly soon though, and that might happen now that Mascherano is back. Perhaps losing Gerrard for a couple of games won't be that bad, as it might let Keane play his own way, Though he better be back for United!

The poster formerly known as Robbo