Unofficial Mills

Small things that annoy you

Grace

Apologies if this has been done before, in fact, I'd be suprised if it hasn't.

There isn't much to say really other than the thread title, I reckon most of you could guess what annoys me most - it's not really bad grammar as such, more when people just don't bother to check what they're saying makes sense.

I recently recieved an invitation to a party - "your invited" (in comic sans font as well, ouch), and on the same invite "theme: raver's". (It actually hurts to type that up, even though I'm doing it intentionally.)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rargh! That really annoys me too.

Bad grammar is utterly awful. I physically cringe when I see how my 13 year old cousin types. Abysmal... Can't believe I was ever like that... but I have the proof down on paper.

The "you're" error annoys me to no end. And its/it's... I don't get how people don't understand!

I recently recieved an invitation to a party

When people forget about "i before e, except after c".

Unbelievably, some people on my course have such bad spelling and sentence structure I wonder how they ever made it to university.

When people don't wash things up straight away, like cereal bowls and things, so that by the time I give in and have to wash them up, they're stuck solid.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

When people don't wash things up straight away, like cereal bowls and things, so that by the time I give in and have to wash them up, they're stuck solid.

oh that is so irritating i have to do the washing up at home and my mum is awful. She leaves them up in her room so when i wash them it is actually rock hard

Kitty <3

Oh and when I wake up just as someone's gone into the bathroom and I have to wait about an hour before I can have a shower or anything because they take so long. It's just happened to me. I thought "I'll just get up and go for a shower" and someone beat me to it, the bastard.

When people forget about "i before e, except after c".

Unbelievably, some people on my course have such bad spelling and sentence structure I wonder how they ever made it to university.

I have absolutely no idea how some of the people on my English course got on

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

Guest CancerForTheCure

People who can't eat properly.

People who think they are right when they blatantly aren't.

People who don't know basic savoir-vivre rules

People who don't think a good appearance demonstrates respect as opposed shallowness. It's a disability nowadays.

People in general :D

People who put nearly empty or empty stuff back in the fridge/cupboard etc.

Forgetting about the washing up so when I have to I've got to get rid cold minging water before I can start.

Bloody schoolchildren(mostly girls) who seemingly are incapable of walking in a straight line and then complain when you go to get past them. Amazingly I have better things to do with my time than wait for you to decide where you want walk, stop blocking the F***ing way.

Cyclists and old people who think they own the pavement.

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

..(in comic sans font as well, ouch..

Apparently that should be the standard font as it is the easies font to read if you are dyslexic! (useless fact of the day for you all ;))

I wouldn't know where to begin to list the things that annoy me! I have that many of them that my friends and family think it is hilarious to insist I have OCD!! Meh, maybe I do..... :lol:

My main pet peeve at the moment is (like sebdevlin said above) cyclists! My issue with them however is that they don't use the cycle path that the local council spent tens of thousands of £'s building and instead carry on using the road and getting in my way!!!! I intend to buy one of those big Gladiator cotton buds and give them a push when I drive past!

glitzy.jpg

When you lend sombody a pen and they never give it back and then the next day they ask to borrow a pen again and claim they gave it back.

I've had that... My Senior Team Maths Challenge 2007 pen :cry: And the worst thing was, the other day she said she left it in Central Library ages ago... Well gutted.

When I am walking along a narrow pavement holding hands with someone, and we approach another couple doing the same; why it it always me who feels the need to disengage and walk single file to let them pass?

I think I need to adopt a more agressive pavement persona.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

My main pet peeve at the moment is (like sebdevlin said above) cyclists! My issue with them however is that they don't use the cycle path that the local council spent tens of thousands of £'s building and instead carry on using the road and getting in my way!!!! I intend to buy one of those big Gladiator cotton buds and give them a push when I drive past!

I'm going to come into this one.

There's often a good reason for cyclists not using cycle paths. Usually because the people who create them don't think about whether they're actually practical or not. Where I live, most drivers think cycle lanes mean they can park half on the pavement and half on the cycle lane and it's so dangerous weaving around the cars that it's not worth bothering.

Check out the Cycle Facility of the Month if you want to see what I mean - council planners have usually never ridden a bike: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.meg/wcc/facility-of-the-month/index.htm

This one is my favourite example of the stupid things councils manage to waste their money doing: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.meg/wcc/facility-of-the-month/September2007.htm

Sure, some cyclists are selfish idiots who do wheelies through red lights and ride on the pavement, but I always wait at red lights.

Anyway, what gives drivers the right to use the road above cyclists?

When I am walking along a narrow pavement holding hands with someone, and we approach another couple doing the same; why it it always me who feels the need to disengage and walk single file to let them pass?

I think I need to adopt a more agressive pavement persona.

What you need to do is make an arch with your arms for them to walk under. That way, unless you're a short arse and the other couple are both six footers, everyone wins.

Err this is not the voice of experience or anything here, just a logical assumption.

Grr, manly man me!

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

They'll argue road tax and insurance I would imagine, but I agree with you, the bulk of car drivers are oblivious morons without a clue as to what's going on outside their little metal boxes.

'The light at the end of the tunnel was the light of an oncoming train'

Yes as sinister mentioned I would suggest the £165 a year I pay for the privilege of using the road, but aside form that my main road out of the town I stay in is a narrow country road, there are no lights and fields on either side. The council bought a chunk of one of the fields and built a cycle path right at the side of the road on the other side of the pavement with a fence dividing them to make it extra safe for the cyclists. It is like 1 metre away from the road running parallel with it!! Yet the cyclists still insist on using the road! The road is pretty windy and I am afraid when you are diving along at 60 mph and turn a corner to find a car coming towards you on the other side of the road and a bike in the way making you have to slam your breaks on it is a tad on the dangerous side!

Personally I don't cycle so I can only see the car side of things and I think if you don't want to end up under my car use the cycle path that my council tax has paid for!!! [/RANT]

glitzy.jpg