Unofficial Mills

Kerrang in bitter row with Scott Mills

Jono

"HE WON'T GET IT SCOTT FREE

By Alice Walker, Emma Donna & Katie Hind

Scott Mills is celebrating after being nominated for a Sony Radio Academy Award.

But the Radio 1 star has upset rival presenters KATE LAWLER and TIM SHAW who accuse him of copying their breakfast show on Birmingham-based Kerrang!"

http://www.people.co.uk/showbiz/showbiz/tm_headline=he-won-t-get-it-scott-free%26method=full%26objectid=20380878%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

Not too bitter then?

Apparently it was to do with the reverse call game. Tim Shaw and Kate Lawler do a game called the 'Reverse Charger'. Sounds more like they were upset because their daily feature was changed for a one-off feature. Kate Lawler isn't exactly the most credible name in radio anyway.

The way I see it if it's your radio show you should be allowed to adapt things for your show. If something is that good, put a copyright on it. I tune in to be entertained, we don't care where it's from.

Scott was sitting in for Chris and the format is about parodying local radio features. Taking things and making it funnier. Did anyone write to Chris Moyles complaining they'd stolen their birthday feature?

Hehe, GC Lifestyles is on Radio 1 now.

Anyway...

That was my exact thinking. They have no legal right to complain.

They don't own it. I think they were just trying to keep their listeners from going to the big ol' beeb. Obviously.

If they were so fantastic they ought to be nationwide by now. I don't know of any nationwide rock radio stations... But they're just in Brum.

Hence me stating that I wasn't entirely sure.

I look slightly less of a fool.

:D

sorry. Never meant to confuse anyone. Although I am easily confused.

I knew who she was but i hadn't heard of him. When Scott wins he should put them in his acceptance speech.;)

I'd actually be embarassed by these comments if I were her.......turned into a right diva, hee hee, bet she wears sunglasses indoors:p

That reminds me - loads of people were wearing sunglasses in the train station on Friday. And yet it was a rainy day. I don't understand that!

Ugh...Kate Lawler should get off her high horse.

She won a reality show, what? 6 years ago? When her only real competition was Jade Goody. The regular bottom-of-the-barrel reality star career ensued and now she's accusing Scott of intentionally ripping off her show, he's probably never heard it.

I'm not entirely sure if you're being Sacastic, but Kate Lawler that Big Brother woman who always complains about how she has no boobs, even made a TV show about it.

Tim Shaw is that guy who's wife sold his Porche for 50p on eBay because he was flirting with Jordan on air.

My friend told me Chris Moyles's Wife did that to his car.:x

When Tim Shaw had the late night slot 10pm-1 or 2am he was always ripping on Moyles for stealing his stuff.

that was a brilliant show, not the same without tim shaw there now. they moved him to breakfast and teamed him up with someone who probably brings him down. plus with the time of day he is on, he can't get away with what he used to, like what happened to mark & lard going to breakfast on radio 1 in a sense. they did the reverse charge game 3 or 4 years ago, i have some of his old asylum shows on my harddrive.

i don't think scott stole it, i think it is just the fact that it came around by chance.

on the grid.

that was a brilliant show, not the same without tim shaw there now. they moved him to breakfast and teamed him up with someone who probably brings him down. plus with the time of day he is on, he can't get away with what he used to.

Oh yes.. The burlesque dancing incident.

The how to tell if your male partner is cheating

And many others.

Got me through my GCSEs, my all nighters were fuelled by Kerrang!

I've never listened to him in the morning.