Unofficial Mills

The Music Thread

Chris.

There's only two of us going on the sunday, I hope the crowd isn't too violent, I still don't fully understand why people mosh to Pendulum anyway.

Just dance or jump! :S

One word can describe Pendulum live: Wow.

I was there on the Saturday too! I was standing, pretty near the front too which was awesome. What was your favourite song they played? I thought Knights of Cydonia was immense, a really good song to start off with.

Knights of Cydonia is amazing live but for me it wasn't as good as when I saw them at Reading (I was right at the front then, KOC was beautiful. Great opener though.

Best song for me at Wembley has to be Stockholm Syndrome. I've seen that song live three times and it's never failed to totally blow me away.

I also loved MOTP, and Blackout was just pure amazement.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My twin brother finally got round to ordering my birthday present last week, (a whole 4 months late!!) and it was delivered yesterday.

It's the Muse Wembley Stadium CD and DVD set and I can't wait to sit down and watch the entire thing in one sitting! Reliving the sunday will be cool.

Mac: "Join me again next week on Let’s Make No Fucking Sense when I will be waxing an owl." - GREEN WING

I saw them in November 2006 and Manchester MEN :) It was when I was going through a downtime and it brought me out of it. Like you, it's still the best gig I've ever been to, only Editors come a verrry close second.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

I've seen them three times. At Earls Court in December 2004, Reading Festival in August 2006, and the Wembley Stadium gig. All three nights were fantastic, they never fail to amaze me live.

I think Coldplay and Pendulum are battling it out for second place. They were both great gigs but so different, I can't choose a second out of the two!

Who else have you seen live?

Muse on the sunday were amazing, but like Chris said Pendulum were pretty darn spectacular too!

Anyone catch Coldplay yesterday night on radio 1? I hope so because they were magnificent.

Mac: "Join me again next week on Let’s Make No Fucking Sense when I will be waxing an owl." - GREEN WING

I didn't I missed it, but Viva La Vida has been on repeat since Thursday. I can't believe that I originally said this album sucked! What was I thinking!

I need that album! Next month when my money comes through from work I'm straight out to buy it. I love the song Lost, with or without the Timberland esque beat.

I'm currently listening to Pendulum - Fasten Your Seatbelts. :D

From the top of my head:

Ash, Bring Me The Horizon, Charlotte Hatherley, Crystal Castles, Dirty Pretty Things, Do Me Bad Things, Editors, Elbow, Embrace, Foo Fighters, Go Faster, Goldie Lookin' Chain, James, Jon Byrne, Joss Stone, Kasabian, Keane, Klaxons, Lostprophets, Mobius Band, Muse, Noisettes, Polytechnic, Queens Of The Stone Age, Scissor Sisters, Serj Tankian, Simian Mobile Disco, Sons and Daughters, Suede, Sugababes, Take That, Travis, The Coral, The Darkness, The Delays, The Killers, The Magic Numbers, The Twang and The Wombats.

I've seen sooo much more, though.

I need that album! Next month when my money comes through from work I'm straight out to buy it. I love the song Lost, with or without the Timberland esque beat.

I'm currently listening to Pendulum - Fasten Your Seatbelts. :D

For a second there I thought you meant that Timbaland had done a remix of Lost! Viva La Vida is still my favourite track on the album, I'd go as far to say that it's my favourite Coldplay track ever.

Fasten Your Seatbelts was great at Brixton Academy. I went with a friend who had not even heard of Pendulum before the gig, and had invented a "Fasten Your Seatbelt" dance to go with the song. Good times!

From the top of my head:

Ash, Bring Me The Horizon, Charlotte Hatherley, Crystal Castles, Dirty Pretty Things, Do Me Bad Things, Editors, Elbow, Embrace, Foo Fighters, Go Faster, Goldie Lookin' Chain, James, Jon Byrne, Joss Stone, Kasabian, Keane, Klaxons, Lostprophets, Mobius Band, Muse, Noisettes, Polytechnic, Queens Of The Stone Age, Scissor Sisters, Serj Tankian, Simian Mobile Disco, Sons and Daughters, Suede, Sugababes, Take That, Travis, The Coral, The Darkness, The Delays, The Killers, The Magic Numbers, The Twang and The Wombats.

I've seen sooo much more, though.

I envy you for seeing Editors, Foo Fighters, Kasabian, Lostprophets, Simian Mobile Disco, Travis and The Killers. I want to see them all so much!

I've seen Muse, Pendulum, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Zutons, Arcade Fire, Coldplay, Faithless, Jimmy Eat World, Bloc Party, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs and Klaxons.

I envy you for seeing The Zutons, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys and the Kaisers! The Zutons were supposed to be coming to play in a town near me, but it's all gone a bit quiet for now, I think they've postponed it.