Unofficial Mills

MOYLES angry at the playlist

unclesirbobbyrobson

Quite funny this morning. Chris moyles was angry that radio one did not put that doug walker record on the playlist. Just cos he can't get his own way. Its not that good a record anyway. Even aled did not vote for it on the playlist. Its the only time I have seen moyles really support a new band and he picked a song that totally sucks.

Doesnt Chris have a record of the week? Surely if he really liked it he can choose to play it on his show or suggest it to Jo?

I dont actually mind soemone like Chris advertising this song on radio, even if he does get something out of it...if he does it openly. It just gets irritating if DJs really promote a friends band without honestly admitting why they like it so much.

I haven't heard it since Chris first played it, but if Chris wants to make it Top 100 or Top 40 then I can't see why it should be playlisted. They didn't put Honey To The Bee or the Ladies' Bras on the playlist. It might be different if it was song he was just championing like with Record of the Week.

It didn't do anything for me on first, second or third hearing and doesn't deserve to be on the playlist. Moyles needs to accept that.

As Jono said, being on the playlist isn't the only way to get sales anyway though frankly this song is nothing special in my opinion and will probably struggle to make a good chart position without a lot of promotion.

UM is a nice place

He makes it sound as if radio 1 is this big faceless body that imposes its will upon everyone. But I believe Aled Haydn Jones is on the playlist committee. The records just very average. He needs to accept that. I think he is probably a little jealous of jo whiley and her power and reputation to make or break new artists. But I have heard him joke about how his records are specially chosen from the listeners at random from the radio one playlist

Surely it's a condition of working for the BBC that you can't promote something you'd stand to make money from...

How about when scot promotes his BBC 3 Program, Up Staged, yeah it is made by the BBC and yeah I guess he is told to say it but, then with him saying that more people will watch it thus BBC seeing a good chance to make a second series, Scott gets more money...

So it's debatable really, though I'd like to hear this song... it is a cover version or something...

Can someone clip this for me? Though don't bother if you can't, I don't mind that much, I missed it thanks if you can, no presser. :)

Regards,

Cormac

Doug walker was just some guy who stood outside radio one on a morning. He talked to chris moyles and asked him to listen to his demo. Chris liked it and played it that very morning. Later he got a record deal and its now been published. Its quite catchy in the first twenty seconds but later its really quite average.

Chris does not really pin himself to records. He says what he likes but he has really backed this and been critical to the radio one playlist committee . But the only good reasonn that he has for getting it on the playlist is because its a great story.. well frankly thosands of groups try to plug their records and loads of demos get unheard. Thats just tough luck.

To be honest the doug walker record is not that bad. But its also not that good. There has to be some cut off point. You are either on the playlist or off it. Frankly I can understand why it was left off the playlist.

Doug walker was just some guy who stood outside radio one on a morning. He talked to chris moyles and asked him to listen to his demo. Chris liked it and played it that very morning. Later he got a record deal and its now been published. Its quite catchy in the first twenty seconds but later its really quite average.

Chris does not really pin himself to records. He says what he likes but he has really backed this and been critical to the radio one playlist committee . But the only good reasonn that he has for getting it on the playlist is because its a great story.. well frankly thosands of groups try to plug their records and loads of demos get unheard. Thats just tough luck.

To be honest the doug walker record is not that bad. But its also not that good. There has to be some cut off point. You are either on the playlist or off it. Frankly I can understand why it was left off the playlist.

Thanks, also can I ask what it's called please?

Yeah I agree, so many bands are trying to get heard of and then don't, which is a shame, because the only way I hear of new music is off Radio One, there I bet are loads of bands out their I would love to listen to, but don't know about them...:evil:

Its called "the mystery" I think from doug walker.

Actually I heard it again on chris moyles show(guess its a bit pointless adding that as chris moyles show is the only place where you will hear it)

But funnily enough I quite like the song now. I think it would desevre a place on the play list. Sometimes you need to listen two or three times.

Moyles was at it again this morning. His ranting just sounded bitter and ridiculous - a bit like a small child who hadn't got their way.

He outed Jo Whiley's producer Sam, Edith's producer Richard and TOTDS as being against putting the Doug Walker record on the playlist and then said they'd look 'stupid' if the record charted. Well not really Chris. Plenty of records get into the top 40 without Radio 1 playing them. That Basshunter one got to number one didn't it?

In some ways its good that the playlist is not linked entirely to a records ability to chart. If it were we would have to listen to endless Westlife rubbish.

I do see moyles point though. Other radio stations hate his show and its ratings and because he is so closely linked to the doug walker cd then they will not play it under any circumstances. Its all a bit personal.

I really like it now. good song and definitely worth listening too.