Unofficial Mills

Prince Harry - Why all the fuss?

Jono

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean that 100% protection from sniper and mortar fire barbed wire?

sorry don't quite understand your response, perhaps I am just being thick. I don't really think that anybody can have 100% protection from danger, all that can be done is minimising risks although this doesn't necessarily mean he is safe.

Harry was in Danger like the rest of the troops theres no point thinking he was hiding away underground, you seen the pictures of him at an outpost firing on the Taliban.

Why do people seem so willing to put him down, he has fought for his country which is probably much more than you would do. Give him a break.

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

It was at least preferable to see Harry in a British army uniform as opposed to Nazi fancy dress. However I feel he should never have been in the army in the first place. I admire him along with the many others who volunteer to fight, but whether he is courageous or not isn't really the point.

The fact that he is a 'bullet magnet', and that his presence in Afghanistan in any way endangered the lives of others makes the discussion over his bravery null and void. He shouldn't have been there full stop.

Although the Royal family certainly generate money for Britain and are very good for our public relations, how much is spent by the taxpayer on protecting and cosseting them, investigating their deaths and paying for expensive tributes to or building monuments for them? Do the sums add up?

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

harry is in a no win situation. people will believe the papers and nitpick at his life until the day he dies. as for serving, i think he has done his country proud, he has had the experience that at times he never thought he would have. to serve and work alongside normal people and live a normal life for just a few weeks anyway.

on the grid.

Its the damn Yanks fault...:hahaha: :D

I do feel sorry for him, because he wanted to do it, and now he's getting called a coward, just because he got pulled out - but if he stayed, he'd be a prime target, putting other soldiers in danger.

However, I'm joining the army, this year or the next, and I just think that he's milking it for all he's got - other soliders are in danger all the time, yet they don't get that kind of attention. It's not like the royal family does anything, anyway...

The most heroic act is the one that no-one knows about.

But if he had stayed out there, other soldiers would have been at even more risk. I wouldn't want him with me, not because I don't like him or anything, just because he's going to be more of a target.

The most heroic act is the one that no-one knows about.

But if he had stayed out there, other soldiers would have been at even more risk. I wouldn't want him with me, not because I don't like him or anything, just because he's going to be more of a target.

well said. yeah he is just putting everyone else at risk.

Kitty <3