Unofficial Mills

Mini Earth Quake (27th February 2008)

Kitai

It happenend when I was walking back from the bathroom. It was like I was on a pirate ship but without Johnny depp and Orlando Bloom obviously. My Mirror started shaking and I went to stop it cos I didnt want it to fall on the floor but yes I was awake and I dont want to be in an earthquake again thankyou very much, I thought I was going crazy.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

A student somewhere had a chimney collapse on him and got a broken pelvis, I don't think there were any other injuries though.

Someone texted Jo Whiley saying they thought a giant rat had hit their bed, someone else thought it was a ghost. Strange people...

Everyone in my practical class earlier was talking about the earthquake. I couldn't see much damage, apart from shards of brickwork in the yard, but they fall off all the time.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

It woke me up, which was strange as usually I'm a heavy sleeper. I was really confused when it woke me up, for some reason I thought it was my housemate shaking my bed even though my bed is built in therefore it's not possible to shake it.

It felt really strong here in Nottingham, so I can only imagine what it felt like in the centre of it.

I woke up this morning and honestly thought I dreamt the whole thing, it wasn't until I turned the TV on this morning and saw the news that I realised it'd actually happened! :oops: It feels really surreal, I'm still a bit freaked out about it to be honest. I've felt an earthquake before when I was in Trinidad, but it's the last thing I'd expect to happen here.