• New on Unofficial Mills

Jono

Laura to leave Scott Mills show

Chappers is very funny, very sharp and witty - often more so than Scott. I'm not sure why you don't like him - perhaps because he comes across as grumpy - but I'm certain this is all done in irony.

Yeah, there's a lot of comedy in grumpy. Just think of Jack Dee, Jeremy Clarkson or Larry David to name but a few. I must admit when I first started listening I didn't really get Chopper's sense of humour but he definitely grew on me, and now I can't imagine the show without him! I happen to agree with him on a lot of things but maybe that's just cos i'm turning into a grumpy old man myself!

Its funny Scott hasnt mentioned anything about Laura leaving during todays show.Are you sure you havent got it wrong Jono?

You'd know all about getting things wrong wouldn't you?

I can't believe this. This is like Aled leaving Chris' show to work with Nihal :(

Personally I don't think Aled leaving Chris' show would have as large impact as Laura leaving Scott's show as Chris has Dom, Dave, Carrie and Rachael to keep the show going.

Yes, can't imagine anyone will replace her on-air. Although that said, if she does a stint as the chart show producer she might be reunited with Scott in future years.

Someone will need to produce the breakfast show when Moyles leaves, and who knows, that could be Scott's new slot. Would TOTDS really want to produce another breakfast show after Cox and Ball?

Yes, can't imagine anyone will replace her on-air. Although that said, if she does a stint as the chart show producer she might be reunited with Scott in future years.

Someone will need to produce the breakfast show when Moyles leaves, and who knows, that could be Scott's new slot. Would TOTDS really want to produce another breakfast show after Cox and Ball?

I don't think Moyles will quit until he turns 40, by which time he'll have done 10 years on the show.

Unfortunately from the end of the next month there'll be team changes at Radio 1 towers. Laura is to leave the Scott Mills show after four years working with the Lord.

is it Laura's last day today :?:

good luck Laura :)

:)

Unfortunately from the end of the next month there'll be team changes at Radio 1 towers. Laura is to leave the Scott Mills show after four years working with the Lord.

That means the end of March since Jono posted that in February.

I guess the money was better there :confused:

That's generally the case with a job promotion. It's also a opportunity to advance and challenge yourself further.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

It's not all bad though, she'll be going off to produce Fearne and Reggie's weekend shows and so it means she'll be getting a promotion. However it does mean she'll no longer be appearing on Scott's show with her random stories nor will you hear her laugh in the background every afternoon.

I just can't understand how that is a promotion surly working on the Scott Mills show it higher? Oh wait did you mean she will be the producer and not the co-producer?

I just can't understand how that is a promotion surly working on the Scott Mills show it higher? Oh wait did you mean she will be the producer and not the co-producer?

Indeed I do.

its sad but laura is sooo happy about the promotion..she finally gets to do what she wants to do on her own..i'm well proud..chart show is good but it needs sprucing up i reckon ..