Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 are killing off the chart show

Jono

It seems apparent that Radio 1 are killing off the chart show. Firstly they've targeted a far younger audience, similar to what they did with Top Of The Pops. Fearne Cotton never seems to be around, and nothing is done about it.

They don't trail the show anymore like they used to with JK and Joel, and they don't even mention when a song is "The UK's Official Number 1" the beginning of said song. For example, Duffy and Mercy.

I think what they're doing having 'relaunched' the show in September is, in matter of fact, silently killing it off. Then they'll use the line that they used for TOTP that no one cares about a chart any more.

It's not true that no one is interested in a chart now, it's just they've made it far less accessible and enjoyable.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the chart show, its much better than it used to be & they will have to replace it with something smilier, surly they have to have the chart rundown ?

You say that but they don't even do the proper rundown any more. I thought that Fearne and Reggie's chart show was OK at first as they both appear to be fans, but they don't do the proper top 40 countdown before the number one.

I makes me sad.

Nobody likes the Chart - its rubbish. Record companys control what gets released when so they can ensure they get as high as possible. It doesn't need 4 hours devoted to it.

I had an idea when they got rid of TOTP. they should make it like the Live Lounge, get on three artists a week, get them to do their single LIVE, and a cover LIVE. And get someone who actually gives a crap about music like Jo Whiley or Jools Holland to present it, not a couple of Kids TV presenters who are too old to present Kids TV but too imature to be real presenters.

I'm not in love I just want to be touched.

I stopped listening to Radio 1's Chart Show when it was handed over to Fearne & Reggie.

Reggie is great on his own but when him and Fearne are together they act like 10 year olds and make the chart unbearable.

If I listen to the chart, its usually Hit 40 UK which is a much better format and has a much better presenter.

Please, please, please send Fearne away to her new contract in the States asap.

She was wooden, unemotional, cold, disinterested and couldn't even read an autocue properly this evening on the Brits.

She was very ott. Why did ITV hire her for the Brits presenting? :shock:

Anyway, not going off topic. Andy Parfitt if you read this, change the chart show and get either Greg or Scott to present it.

The chart has gone weird since downloads and includes all sorts of random things. The chart is a different animal now and a new format is needed.

Maybe the show could be shortened to half an hour with most of the chart just read out, a few tracks which the Radio 1 target audience are probably interested in played and the number one always played no matter how random?

Also, maybe a presenter with a good sense of irony could make the show funny and cool, or at least a guilty pleasure.

UM is a nice place

If fearne goes to live in the states they might find it difficult to sustain it with just Reggie as presenter.Its hard to see who could take over.
Maybe it would be easier,and cheaper to fire her since she doesnt bother turning up most of the time anyway.

You do realise you just contradicted yourself dont you? Why dont you try shutting up until you actually have half a clue about what youre saying? Failing that at least try and remember or reread what you have already said.

You do realise you just contradicted yourself dont you? Why dont you try shutting up until you actually have half a clue about what youre saying? Failing that at least try and remember or reread what you have already said.

It's alright, it seems he hangs out at chrismoyles.net these days.