Unofficial Mills

favorite song on Radio 1 now?

phoenix

So what is it?

Mine is Alphabeat - Fascination

CHOON!

I love you! :)

And I just noticed it's been B-listed. It's moving up!

But it's not my favorite song at the moment (it was one of my favorite songs when it was new - more than a year ago). I think it goes third on my list.

My favorites are Mark Ronson - Just and Simple Plan - When I'm gone

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

Personally I think the playlist is a bit crap at the mo, it just seems to be mainly dance and R&B rubbish, it's not helped by the fact that they insist on playing that AWFUL David Jordan song every half an hour. But the new Futureheads and Young Knives songs are on the B-list so I guess that's something.

Someone really needs to tell the playlist people to move Time To Pretend by MGMT from the '1-Upfront' list on to the regular playlist as well, now THAT is a tune.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

Personally I think the playlist is a bit crap at the mo, it just seems to be mainly dance and R&B rubbish,

I disagree, I think Radio 1 is turning back to pop these days. Even the indie music they play tends to be pop. And David Jordan can only be played five times in a time span of 15 hours anyway... so slight exaggeration!

I think Alphabeat is my favourite too. Probably because it's not been released yet so I can't overplay it, and I only have one of the remixes to play.

That new Gnarls Barkley Northern Soul sound a like. Seems like a few others are jumping on the Northern Soul bandwagon at the moment too.

Just as Duffy and Amy are on the Motown bandwagon? and Alphabeat et al are on the 1980s Kids from Fame one.

It does tend to annoy me if these groups claim their musical style as their own, without giving any credit to their predecessors, BUT it's very nice to hear it again. :D

I love Duffy, Amy, Gnarls B and Alphabeat.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.