Top Gear

demonhorse

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, there's a company that modifies them.

This one:

http://www.concept-cars.org/top-gears-polar-toyota-hilux.html

is the same one that I saw, but they have a business where you can drive them around Iceland.

Weird that they put a toilet on the back of the one I saw when it wasn't the real one.

And they said it's that one, but blatantly not.

http://arctictrucks.is/?pageid=4727

Ohai.

• 2 months later...

Well, new series has started, and what a start. Lovely Gold Medallist Amy Williams did a lap in the new Reasonably Priced Car, the Kia C'eed (as did Louis Spence, Bill Bailey, Peter Jones, Nick Robinson etc), there was a great little ITVHD Parody gag, James May drove on barely-cooled Lava (huge respect for the guts THAT must have taken, especially given that he actually caught fire).

The Vodka-based tyre cooling system used for that was genius, and the best was really saved til last, Jeremy Clarkson repeatedly rolling (or at least going on his side) in a Reliant Robin... in Sheffield.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I want a Reliant Robin. If I had a death wish. I have missed this show so much. Laugh out loud all the way! And for people who are maybe wondering, that is Harry and Christa, presenters of BBC local evening news for Yorkshire!

take control

I didn't really enjoy the last series of Top Gear (Except the last episode of that series), I thought everything was too predictable, too scripted and OTT. Yesterdays episode was brilliant! The Reliant Robin bit Jeremy did at the end had me howling with laughter constantly, and James May's trek up the volcano was really interesting.

I wanted to find out a bit more about deaths relating to Reliant Robins, so when I searched something along the lines of 'Robin Reliant Crash' one page that came up was from a local newspaper reporting of how Clarkson, when filming for TG, turned the car onto its side while driving too fast but escaped uninjured because he was wearing a crash helmet. He was also breathalysed byt he police :P

They still have the Liana for F1 driver lap times don't they? or has that been destroyed as well and I just dont remember

Nah I think they kept the lil Suzuki, they're gonna need it in a few weeks too as there's a show coming up (ep 3 or 4) where Rubens Barrichello is going to be the guest. :D

They still have the Liana for F1 driver lap times don't they? or has that been destroyed as well and I just dont remember

Your right, they still use that for F1 drivers. I think Button used it in the last series.

Apparently next weeks guest is Alistair Campbell. Could be interesting.

take control

I'd say my top three quotes from that ep were;

"Some say that his discharge is luminous..."

"It's a good job ITV didn't cover the Moon Landings"

"I'm 50 years old, I'm on my side in a street in Sheffield"

Speaking of favourite quotes:

"(the Reliant Robin) is as comfortable as inviting your mother round for an evening on chatroulette"

take control

Ooh really? Awesome :D

Well that's what I keep hearing anyways, haven't seen anything official yet, but the said episode would be filmed on the Wednesday either just before or just after the British Grand Prix so would make sense that they have an F1 driver on that week.

I met a load of F1 drivers at a testing session at silverstone a few years ago (inc Mark Webber)

WHAT
Nah I think they kept the lil Suzuki, they're gonna need it in a few weeks too as there's a show coming up (ep 3 or 4) where Rubens Barrichello is going to be the guest. :D

I've got Rubens' autograph somewhere aswell... it was in a black marker pen :D I wish I could remember where I put them all!

My uncle knows somebody who works on security at Silverstone so we got free paddock and pit passes on the testing days. They don't test there anymore, which is really annoying!

My goodness, that's a pretty funky donkey!

Another good episode this week, nice to see a return to challenges after they had to populate the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car board last week. Funny when the German equivalent of the AA turned up in something that wasn't so much a Road Rescue vehicle as an International Rescue one... seriously, that thing may as well have raised up on legs to reveal a pod door with a number and a vehicle inside, was great stuff. Weirdly though, I thought they'd HAD the Stig's German Cousin on last year when they did the big reveal of 'Schumacher-Stig'. The hair coming out the back of the helmet did look familiar, I can almost picture the face of a German driver with hair like that, just can't remember his name.

• 3 weeks later...

How good was last night's episode? It even has Fearne talking about it on the radio.

Great Senna tribute at the end (though think it could have done with a little less Lewis and the Stig should have been the one to try out that McLaren) and even though the Tom Cruise/Cameron Diz segment started out with me being cynical of two grinning idiots off of Hollywood, when they stopped with the fake smiles (particularly Cruise) and got on with showing the driving, I enjoyed it. Never knew they could DRIVE like that.