Unofficial Mills

What sucks in your life?

popbitcher

'Twas exactly what I thought. Problem is if you do, you might have to put up with her being in a strop for the weekend.

If only things were that easy. She was actually ready on time, I was amazed. What sucks is essay planning, I'd rather just go and write it.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Going to town, but my silly stupid overly-annoying flatmate wants to come too. We're leaving in ten minutes and she still hasn't washed, had breakfast or got dressed yet. I strongly dislike. I have assignments and want to make a start on them, not sat around waiting for her all day!

My housemate can be like that, he was an hour late for our meeting yesterday for no real reason, he's just disorganised. I've learned ways round it though after 2 years with him.

What sucks in my life is how much work I have to do. I just don't have time for anything and I have a huuuuge pile of library books to read and next Monday is our group presentation and I've got an essay due in the next day that is only 2 pages long and has to be 5.

What really sucks is having no fresh food and limited other food. None of us have time to go shopping. We've ordered some food online though that's coming tomorrow morning.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

What sucks in my life is everyone else's being so much better than mine at the moment. Sigh :(

Aww I'm really sorry to hear that you're having such a rubbish time abroad. We're all here for you to talk to so you're not completely alone. Christmas isn't that far away either. *hugs*

I've got loooooaaadds of work to do. I'd rather get some more sleep or go to the park or go shopping but I've got to go into campus in a bit and read through a presentation. I think other people's bits are way too long and long-winded and make no sense, but it's hard to persuade them that what they've blatently copied straight from a journal article will just lose people when it's in a presentation. The first rule of presentations is don't put too many words on the slide, but they just don't seem to think that rule applies to their stuff. Trying to get 11 people to agree on anything is near impossible, the colour scheme for the thing is the next big battle and we've got to present it a week tomorrow.

I'm not too worried about the actual presenting though at the moment, just getting some agreement on it.

I am concussed! (if there are lots of typing errors, i apologise in advance)

I went to a party on friday night and i went into the kitchen to say hi to friends when my 7 foot friend, rowan, came and rugby tackled me and i hit my head on the kitchen tiles and i was knocked out cold. Apparently someone tried to carry me upstairs so i could rest and dropped me. when i came round, i stood up , blacked out and hit my head on the door frame. then at 2 in the morning someone decided it was a good idea to call an ambulance as for the past 2 hours i had ben going in and out of conciousness and shaking uncontrolably. My blood pressure went down to something like 80 over 70 and after a while with them they decided i had concussion. I was told if i got worse i would have to go to A&E the next day. The next day i was throwing up, horribly confused (as i am a bit now0) so i went up. After a three hour wait i was told once a gain i have concussion and could do for up to 4 weeks. 4 weeks?

Kitty <3

newcastle losing again today, back in the drop zone. and owen missing a sitter. that's his england career over then, due articles in the sun calling him a discrace to the game tommorow...

i also don't feel well now but i'm still going out! i'll drive though because it's pissing down and i was rain dodging at the bonfire last night.

on the grid.

Guest CancerForTheCure

Bley hell Danni, I hope you get better! It's pretty bad although considering the amount of times you got knocked out I guess it could have been much much worse!!!

What sucks is that I have mooting competition on Thursday. I secretly hope I don't go through to the next round as it's just too much work on top of everything else I have to do! The actual speech is about 15 minutes but the research I have to do for it is hours and hours of work. I'm fed up with it already and my heads of argument are due in tomorrow. I also have a Tort tutorial tomorrow (I've done most of the work but I still have a couple of cases to go through), an Understanding Law seminar on Friday (my seminar leader expects us to know everything off by heart and understand it all perfectly, otherwise he can be very patronising and pretty horrible) and a Contract Law Tutorial, also on Friday (for which I have to do a presentation). Someone won't be getting any sleep this week...

Just contemplating my film assignment. I've done many before and they've all been A/Bs, but I'm a little worried as I'm rusty on essay writing at the moment. Plus, getting a first on my first assignment makes me want to repeat that success always. I know I won't get firsts in everything, but I expect them now =[

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

1. The horrendous weather.

2. I've not been sleeping well.

3. I have a sore stomach.

4. I want to be excited about Christmas but as usual I have to try hard not to dread it.

In general I'm just feeling sorry for myself today, despite my new GHDs. :(

I can relate to all of this you poor thing. I hope you perk up soon.:) but I still don't know what the hell GHDs are?!?

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

My room is a mess but I've also got a presentation meeting tomorrow and an essay due in a week tomorrow.

I don't know whether to tidy now and try to work later, or try to work now and tidy later.

Also it's absolutely freezing and keeps raining. I have just put some washing on so I'll have to get that dry later somehow.

Edit: For Nati, GHDs are hair straightners, the expensive but really good kind.

Just contemplating my film assignment. I've done many before and they've all been A/Bs, but I'm a little worried as I'm rusty on essay writing at the moment. Plus, getting a first on my first assignment makes me want to repeat that success always. I know I won't get firsts in everything, but I expect them now =[

A similar thing happened to me, I got firsts on the first two essays I ever did at uni and then felt pressured to replicate it. I didn't in the end, my next two both got 2:1s I think, but every so often you'll get a better mark than you think for something, it's always a nice surprise. And don't worry about being rusty on essay writing, I felt exactly the same when I started at uni - you'll get into the flow of it after a little while, then you won't even need to think about it when you're doing your next one, it'll just come automatically.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I just wanna know what the hell is going on now.

On friday, dad told me he had changed his mind, and wont be moving to the lake district should he be made redundant from his job. Good Times.

Yesterday i find out he is being made redundant.

Today i open a letter from my grandparents, containing a local paper from where they live.

Me: Uber confused.

I dunno what to think or do.

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

I'd start by actually confronting your dad first, that might not necessarily mean he's looking for jobs in different parts of the country. But try not to worry... even if the worst does happen it's not the end of the world, I've lived in 3 different towns in the past 4 years and I've survived, just look at it as an opportunity to meet new people.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

Crap day.

Hungover, tired, fed up of group work.

The two boys I live with have been annoying me as well. To the extent that I slapped one of them this afternoon in front of the rest of the group. I had a lecture this morning but my friend and I left during the break in the middle because he thought he was going to throw up and I didn't feel great either and wasn't gaining anything from being there. Then I spent the next 5 hours doing the stupid group presentation. Most of them just f**ked around with pictures or did nothing at all and they made me write all the speaking notes for all 62 slides and simplify one of the really long sections because no one else could be bothered. It's been a day full of crap I really didn't need. I've been back here 6 days and haven't had a moment free in that time. Most of it has been spent on this sodding group presentation. I have an essay to write as well. The stress is making my IBS flare up as well and I feel awful.

We had to have my lovely little cat Spirit put down tonight. She was a funny little thing who was always up to stuff, got to 16 in human years, and was great company for us both. Very sad day.

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s69/Timsk_UK/World%20Tour/?action=view&current=spiz_home.jpg

:cry: Really going to miss Spiz the midget wondercat! Thanks for the hugs on FB btw.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Constant Sleep Disturbance

I've been having alot of trouble sleeping lately, and I didn't get to bed 'til 8am this morning. All I wanted was two-three hours sleep. That's all. Did I get it? No. Why? Because people chose this time to constantly text me!!

I turned the phone on silent and turned the vibrate off, but it still vibrated everytime I got a text!! Gaahhh!!

I just wanted to sleep, people!!

Tried turning your phone off? I normally have my phone on vibrate all the time, day and night, but I put it on silent today because I was getting fed up of being constantly contacted. I've been having sleeping trouble too. Mainly just not had enough time to spend in bed but also been waking up a lot. It's horrible.

I got to campus at 11 today and worked on the group presentation till 12:50, when I ran to the SU and bought a sandwich, which I then ate in my 1-2 lecture, then had another lecture 2-4 where I made 10 sides of notes and my left hand is knackered from the pace of writing. Then I spent a further 2 and a half hours working on the group presentation.

It pisses me off that some people have done pretty much nothing for the presentation and aren't presenting it either yet we all get the same mark. Basically, I really really hate groupwork. I've got an essay due in Tuesday but haven't even looked at it since Sunday because I've been working on this sodding group work every day.

just unreal. driving home tonight, sober (i don't drink and drive), proper speeds, safe general driving. i get pulled up by the police, i stayed calm, they asked where i'd been etc. i told them that i'm on my way home all i had was red bull (truth), they checked my license and i was away again within 2 minutes. i didn't find that much of a problem except for drawing attention in a busy place.

on my way back i followed another police car on the main road back, some peugeot around 4 or 5 years old. the car had it's front headlamps on and that's about it, the back lights didn't work at all and only one brake light lit up. even the number plate wasn't lit, cheeky bastards! if that were my car my feet wouldn't touch the ground, some of them must think they are above everybody else. that's really really pissed me off tonight.

on the grid.