Unofficial Mills

What would you put in Room 101?

Jono

We've branched out here at Unofficial Mills towers, and room numbers now go up to 150. So what would you put into Room 101?

For me, it has to be people that seem to think a supermarket is full all the time! They seem to think food flies on the shelves, or that supermarket shelf-stackers should put the food on the shelves at 2am or sometime ridiculous. Thus they can come in at 9pm just before the shop closes and expect to be able to browse wherever and find no cages on the floor and all the food on the shelves!

I'll come back with more when I'm in a worse mood I'm sure...

Pigeons, people who just stop in the street and then grumble when I bump into them, fiddly packaging and over familiar shop staff. (Can you tell I've just been to the city centre?)

Aw I love pigeons in the city centre. They're a part of city life. Although they do seem to get stuck on the tubes that run on ground level from what I've seen!

Pigeons

Feral pigeons are somewhat a nightmare. I think a cull would be beneficial as they've essentially taken the niche left by those birds that once flourished in our cities, but are now virtually extinct in them: the gregarious House Sparrow. In the 1980s, House Sparrow numbers in London were healthy, but they suddenly crashed in the 1990s due to the changing nature of back gardens (essentially becoming low-maintenance and flowerless and therefore without the insects Sparrows required to survive) and are now nowhere to be found in most big cities, especially London (in Kensington in 2004 only 4 were recorded. In 2007, 0 were recorded)

Many attempts are being made to raise their numbers (with little success it has to be said) therefore a lack of pigeons/competition would be a good starting point.

Think I'm allowed 8:

1. Queue bargers,

2.People who don't thank you when you let them in to traffic/don't thank you in general, for a kind act,

3. Windy (wet) weather,

4. Hypocrisy and insensitivity,

5. Junk food,

6. Z list celebrities with ideas above their station,

7. Wasps and jellyfish. What is their point? I have been stung so many times,

8. People who try to inflict their own bad mood on others (I just keep myself to myself).

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

People who get straight A's in their GCSE's and A-levels and hadn't revised, or claim not to have. My 18-year old cousin was giving me an earful last week about not having revised for his GCSE's and would be repeating the same procedure for his A-levels in June and then to add insult to injury, he revealed having an A* in PE :bah:

Flags. They're the equivalent of **** mags for patriots. They don't mean anything to me. Everyone has one now. Useless, nationalist nonsense.

Those obscenely patronizing image/beauty programmes, telling people that they're essentially ugly and if they fail to act, they will die from ugliness. Frankly the most abhorrent television ever made, far worse than anything Mary Whitehouse had to moan about.

Sporty people. I need not expand.

People who get straight A's in their GCSE's and A-levels and hadn't revised, or claim not to have. My 18-year old cousin was giving me an earful last week about not having revised for his GCSE's and would be repeating the same procedure for his A-levels in June and then to add insult to injury, he revealed having an A* in PE :bah:

Ah yes. You work your arse off for a B in Psychology, and then someone comes along and says they got four As at A-Level and didn't revise.

I don't want to go in room 101 thanks.

People who tell you to listen to 'good music'.

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

People who get straight A's in their GCSE's and A-levels and hadn't revised, or claim not to have.

I didnt revise for my subjects except for English (which was also the only one I failed) so does that mean I need to go in?

Ill need to think about what I want to put in then no doubt Ill have a rather long list of things.

I did loads and loads of work for my A levels, not so much the geography one, but the others I worked as much as I could in the time available. I spent many hours in the library translating Latin at a rate of about 1 line an hour. GCSEs, I had to work really hard for some of them, although I worked less hard for others. My A grade in GCSE maths is one of my proudest achievements.

I'd put in people who drive because they think it makes them look cool, or because they think they're above walking or using public transport. They should realise they look like t*ts. I'll also nominate drivers who don't indicate when they're turning, too frequently I am nearly run over by a driver who doesn't make it clear which way they're going.

Burglars.

Takeaways.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I would happily get rid of Britains 'celebrity culture'. It's an awful problem brought on from Reality TV (Another thing I'd put in Room 101). You can now be branded a 'celebrity' by sleeping with a Football Player for christ sakes. Prime example is Coleen McLoughlin, solely famous for going out with Wayne Rooney, and she now has her own TV show! God help me.

The princess Diana case. Paul Burrell. Gordon Brown. 'Girls what lead people on'. Snobby people. That irritating woman from Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, Janice whatserface. People who cry. Slow Computers. Chavs. Emos who flaunt their 'emo-ness'. People who annoy me. Those girls with fake tan orange faces. Parsnips. Awkward Silences. Wayne Rooney. My mp3 player and headphones (they break ALL THE TIME). People who try to ruin the plot lines of films or books. Old people walking into the road with their heads down. Deadlines. Late buses. Smoking. Poeple who overdress. Girls. Wooly hats. Global Warming. Fickle people. Gurning. Cocky people. Dentists. Stupid endings to films (e.g. The Village). Stupid endings to books. Poor grammar. Children. BB guns. Underage drinkers. Beards. Moustaches. 'Bling'. Getting up early. Washing up. Tidying up my room (or any room for that matter). Looking for something which you can't find but swore you put down a minute ago. Glasses. Paying for things. Things which are supposed to be free but really aren't because theres actually a catch. Blu Tac which has been on the wall too long. Dry chicken. Dry turkey. Room 101.

The most heroic act is the one that no-one knows about.

I would put into room 101 the following:

1. Sushi - yuck!

2. My Boss!

3. Local radio stations that air adverts all day!

4. skirts - i dont have the legs for them ha ha ha!!

5. skinny jeans - see above

There is lots more but i wont bore you all!!

Friends are the family we choose for ourselves

I'll add to my list:

- Wisdom teeth. We don't need them, and mine have done nothing but cause me problems. I had one out yesterday, and I'll probably have to have another one out. Soft foods are getting really boring now.

- Orthodontists. They're sadists, there's nothing natural or necessary about having a mouth full of metal which yanks your teeth all over the place. I had to have 2 teeth taken out for it as well, which was horrible. My orthodontist didn't care if he hurt me and in the end I refused to have any more treatment done and he took the braces off. My teeth are fine, but being a perfectionist, he wanted me to spend 6 weeks with my mouth held shut with elastic bands to correct a few milimetres of overbite. Urghh, hate them! Still, at least it was on the NHS so I didn't have to pay.

- NHS dental charges. Why can I see a doctor for free, but I have to pay nearly £50 to have a tooth taken out... it goes against the original meaning of the NHS. Not to mention it's damn difficult to find an NHS dentist. Oh and prescription charges...

- Tuition fees. The people who make these things up had uni paid for and got grants.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'